Let's Talk About... Episode's Survey

I’m still baffled by this the more I’m in the Episode Community :sweat:. I mean, in an arbitrary scale swearing is less a concern than depicted sex

4 Likes

In an unrelated note, even NBC got into the action:

1 Like

I’d like to give Episode the benefit of the doubt but… that does seem like the direction it’s going lol.
Interestingly enough, I think Choices is 12+? They have some fairly descriptive content, but I think you always need to pay for it?

5 Likes

Yeah, choices is 12+ - Most sex scenes (well narration) is a gem choice. However, there newest story. The Bachelorette one is sexual as hell lol. First two minutes in at that.

5 Likes

well damn.

3 Likes

I can’t believe they haven’t updated their age rating. Choices is soooo not an app for young teens sksk.

4 Likes

It’s been a while since I read Choices, but do those types of stories there at least have a warning?

At least for WattPad, there is an option to categorise your story as Mature

1 Like

Mm, hard to say. I feel like they might’ve given a warning for It Lives In The Woods, but I’m not sure about their other stories with darker themes.

It’s not even that the storylines are inappropriate for teens, but that the sex scenes (and yes, they have made threesome options at this point though I haven’t read any) can get more explicit.

1 Like

… makes sense, though even including those types as scenes as choices is a bit off to me lol.

Seriously, how are threesomes appropriate for young teens :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

That’s why the teen rating surprises me.

Though I’ve seen threesomes masquerading as polygamy in some popular stories on Episode recently too. No guidelines against it technically, I suppose, but it’s one of those things that make me go hmm.

6 Likes

I really hope someone from the Episode team would eventually clarify what the survey means, especially about the possible (but unsatisfying) ratings shift

5 Likes

But wait there’s more! Literally got it when Episode first uploaded it in IG. And it’s kinda having more open-ended questions so that they get specific feedback

Just wondering, authors, how do you know what kind of audience you like to write for?

3 Likes

Wait, so this is different now?

1 Like

I took it a few days ago and went back to see if it changed. They added a type-in space asking “Why?” after most of the multiple choice questions (except for the “Tell us about yourself” part). I think that was the only change.

1 Like

Oooh interesting

1 Like