Let's Talk About . . . Epy Academy!

Galileo School of Magic by @LeeFunkEpisode (fan page here)
Attracted To The Nerd by Zen Brady
Golden Girl by Bronte
Who’s That Girl? by Chelsea Leigh
Effortless by Jade A. Eaton
Kid Sister by Kimber H.
H&V: Super Nova by Raven Rose
14 Months by Maite
Complement by Amber Daisies

Does the story fit the shelf, is it complete? Does the cover represent the story, would you reread? Who is the audience for the story, do choices matter, is the summary misleading, does it fit the genre?

13 Likes

Kid SIster is awesome!
If you love the story check out Axel’s Instagram account! @iamaxelburns

I’d also like to say, go all out bc like just because my story is on the shelf doesn’t mean I don’t want to miss out on conversation – good and bad, I’ll cry either way. :star_struck:

4 Likes

Does the story fit the shelf? Would you reread?

1 Like

Yes it does! I mean, the kids go to school :joy:

It is always so great to see beautiful gems of stories be showcased!

I love the featured shelves!!

3 Likes

I’ve read parts of Who’s that girl? and Attracted to the Nerd and from what I read they fit pretty well :slight_smile:

I’ve yet to read the others (apart from my own) but I definitely think I will start reading Kid Sister & Galileo School of Magic… maybe the others, but those two peaked my interest more.

2 Likes

Hmm, I haven’t read any of them :thinking: but like @QueenMilii said, if the kids go to school in these stories, then for sure it fits the Epy Academy theme :wink:

1 Like

:joy: You must read Kid Sister!
Kimber is such a great author and friend!

1 Like

Ok, so I’m half way through Galileo School of Magic(I’m a water mancer). I find it easy to binge read, so I have been reading like a bunch of episodes at a time. Cover represents the story yes, choices matter and there’s multiple paths. Probably won’t re-read because it’s already got so many chapters and that intimidates me.

Kid Sister has been on my list for a while, but had too many episodes for me to start just yet since I’m already in the middle of so many others, so I probably won’t read that for another month or so.

I’m about 2/3 through 14 Months. I was up to date, but then I had to re-read a chapter, and I didn’t want to at the time so it’s just been sitting there a while as the author’s published more and more. I do actually quite like this story though, even though I’m not big on romance stories. I feel like there’s a promise of no happy ending which ironically makes me happy.

From the two I’ve half read, I’d say Galileo definitely fits the shelf. I’d say 14 Months technically does, because it’s school aged characters, but I don’t think it revolves around school enough for it to be on a shelf about school, and there’s probably a romance themed shelf this one would have been better for

Also… this:

It took me so long to find this :sweat:

Side Note: A little disappointed that almost all the stories featured (especially when there was 9 on this shelf, not just 6 like some other weeks) had 100k reads and up, some already in the millions before this shelf. I think I saw only 2 that were less than 50,000 reads. They had been doing so well previously with making it a balanced mix of popular stories and unknown stories… And I feel like this theme would have had SO MANY possible contenders so I don’t see why it wasn’t more mixed… But also, it made me think that some of the new stories with less than 5k reads that have been featured on other shelves haven’t been updated since they’ve been featured so maybe they’re also trying to feature ones they know will be continued :woman_shrugging: Woah I did not expect to ramble this much

3 Likes

That was one of my first thoughts too. Nothing against the stories/authors featured- I think all the stories deserve to be featured at some point and I personally have no issue with “popular” stories being put on the shelves, but recently there has been a much better split between stories with a lot of reads and stories with <50k (there’s usually even a couple with <10k whereas I think this shelf only had one?).

3 Likes

Phew, I’m relieved I’m not the only one who thought this.

1 Like

Omg :laughing::laughing::laughing: i totally forgot about that I guess I’ll have to reply to it soon lmao

1 Like

Yes, you’ll need to answer your past self’s questions :smile:

Which story is yours?

Galileo

Well, if you recommend it, I must check it out :smirk::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

I’m a Necromancer! But I haven’t finished the story yet… The episodes are short enough, though.

1 Like

That’s why I’m able to bring read them I think. It’s a good one to get the daily streaks because some of the other stories I read are just TOO LONG. What’s a necromancer?

1 Like

Someone who uses death related spells, I think? I don’t remember.

But, I guess it’s good. The story isn’t rushed.

1 Like