Let's talk about gem choices, are they worth it?

No,
They are really not, I just put the are they worth it to swindle readers but the gem choices are honestly bizarre I mean 29 gems for what I mean episode are you freaking kidding me and frankly, some of these gem choices irritate! me like
Swim with him naked 29 fcking gems
Swim not naked 19 gems
Don’t swim
What kind scam is that, I mean just read the community version of the featured stories, they are way better
Because wtf is stand up for your self/give her a piece of your mind for 15 gems or go on a second date for 20 gems on were a revealing dress for 29 gems with your crew. Not to insult episode but they have really gone low with the gems since classic, cause I played way back when INK did not exist (at that time Joseph Evans practically owned 75% of the stories on episode).
Kudos to @Caitoriri for the infected but it stings the readers and especially caitoriri to see her amazing story fall into the hands of the gems of death and destruction! \

Secondly, I thought episode said 2 gem choices max, they’ve gone against their own rule and some stories have 4 gem choices in them like love on fire and kiss list, It’s weird that they gave the users the option to put gems cause no one ever uses it

13 Likes

There a waste of time, I don’t read episode featured stories 1. cause they kinda copy off a few T.V shows I’ve seen 2. Gem choices are a waste and 3. I just generally don’t like them. Also I was reading this featured story once and it gave me an option and one was a gem choice (go to the concert) or (stay home and study) and because I didn’t wanna waste my gems I hit the non-gem choice and it still went to the concert so whoever hit the gem choice wasted their gems cause you still get to go. Like really? That’s just a rip-off. And like in real life like your not gonna pay money to tell someone off or move in with your bestie, so yeah I think gem choices are really stupid.

7 Likes

they only do that if the concert is a crucial part of the story, if it’s not then they will constantly make you feel bad about not spending the gems

2 Likes

I never feel bad for not choosing the gem choices

2 Likes

Ehh, I mean, you do have a point. @Toby
I just generally ignore them.

2 Likes

Actually, a lot of people do, but the majority of users can’t see them :rofl:

6 Likes

Omg so not worth it. I’ve been especially angry with their new customization gem Choices too, like I’m not mad that they’re making premium hair choices like that’s fine but my problem is if you don’t choose a premium hair (And I’m not usually fan of the premium choices anyway) you get like ten other options. Like why would I read this mediocre story at best that was a product first and a story second and the customizations suck when I can read a community story that someone actually put thought and effort into AND I have more than ten hair options

2 Likes

I don’t really read featured stories, but when I do, I go in with a mindset that whenever I know something good is about to come up it’s gonna end up with a gem choice, that kinda helps and I don’t feel bad for not choosing it, but they’re definitely not worth it.

3 Likes

I love the guide they made for writers who want to do the gems program & potentially earn some scraps of money.
“How To Emotionally Manipulate Your Readers Into Spending Real Money On Microtransactions. Tip one: make them feel guilty unless they spend gems. Tip two: make them feel left out unless they spend gems. Tip 3: make sure they’re underdressed unless they spend gems. Tip 4: make them unloved unless they spend gems.”

7 Likes

You should be able to read a story without spending $10,000 or being made to feel crappy.

3 Likes

SEXY OUTFIT - 35 gems
CUTE OUTFIT - 25 gems
RAGS YOU FOUND ON THE SIDE OF THE HIGHWAY- free :expressionless:

I don’t read episode official stories because I’m too poor to buy gems. Honestly when you don’t have gems the story isn’t entertaining at all.

5 Likes

I dont think gem was there when we only had classick. but I agree many of those gem choices are not really worth it. I often think when I see them I would not even buy them.

I am glad comunity dont use it (or maybe it because I cant see gem choices)

2 Likes

well episode has to make the gem choice as apealing as possible

2 Likes

I hate the ones who have the do you wanna support the author with a gem in the end. but like I rather that then they do that BS

I am working on a story with points and considered giving people the ability to buy extra but since not all can see the diamond choice in stories ( I can’t myself) I kinda feel it’s unfair for people who can

2 Likes

I do one choice at the end of every chapter after it ends that says, “Do you want to support me?” and I don’t guilt the player if they say no. I originally wrote my story with gem choices, but it actually ended up being easier and more fun to use a points system that locked out choices instead of using gem choices.

2 Likes

and this is why i don’t read feature stories

3 Likes

Evergreen post: gem choices are annoying and one of the reasons I don’t bother with the featured stories.

2 Likes

i stopped reading featured stories because they became boring and they are all the same. Gem choices in most cases aren’t even worth it, it’s honestly a waste since it’s usually just a better outfit or something that won’t even affect the plot of the story. Community stories are way better. :joy:

1 Like

WTF I was playing just now and saw
watch some ads
No ads pls 5 gems
WTF is that episode I’m sry but it’s just shallow guys

1 Like

Lol, what the heck-

1 Like