Let's talk about gem choices, are they worth it?

Is that really what the guide says?

1 Like

SO not worth it! :roll_eyes: I donā€™t read featured stories anymore because the gems bothered me so much. Looking beyond the gems, Iā€™ve found that community stories are a lot more entertaining anyway so its a win-win.

2 Likes

I prefer this to gem choices. You would have had to watch ads anyway, but instead thereā€™s the option to skip them. Itā€™s annoying & time-consuming but it doesnā€™t make reading the story pointless.

4 Likes

The ads give episode money, if we all just spent our gems to skip and did not buy gems and just waited fro more epi or featured stories then they would be making no money because episode it totally free to make and play so itā€™s a lose lose in my opinion + Iā€™m grateful for earning nice topic, (Off the topic tho)

2 Likes

Oh, yeah. Our choices are always going to be ā€œgive them money through ad revenueā€ or ā€œgive them money for in-game currency.ā€ But I guess Iā€™d rather have that choice than not.

5 Likes

unless they are used for something really important
Iā€™ll waste my 100 gems on them

3 Likes

they are T-R-A-S-H , i liked positively princess but there was a moment of gem choice outfit and i deceided to spend my gem on it and i regreted because the outfit i brought to have more chance about the LI i wanted , he didnā€™t even told me i was pretty or somethinā€™ like that , i was mad

5 Likes

maybe gem choices would be more worth it if there were MAX two per episode. when thereā€™s so many, itā€™s like ā€˜how many gems do you expect me to spend? seriously?ā€™

OR make purchasing the gem choice have a longer lasting impact, the colourful ombre hairs you can buy for the whole story is an example of that.

5 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: So true!! When I donā€™t pick the gem choices for my MC to spend ā€œintimate timeā€ with her LI the guys get all sad and butthurt. Like thatā€™s supposed to make me feel bad lol

Regardless of the gem choices I still read the featured stories. I enjoy looking at trash every once in awhile.

5 Likes

I stopped reading featured stories because of this, and Iā€™ve gotten really good at telling when a gem choice is about to pop up :joy: Theyā€™re sorta pointless imo, because usually they donā€™t affect much like the ending for example but even so, they still try to make you feel bad for not picking the gem choices when you donā€™t pick them :joy: The gem scenes usually only add a few more lines of dialogue anyways.

3 Likes

You even know when a gem choice is coming up.

Example:

ā€œJust think about it Bonnivell,you me at the big party, you rocking the dress I gave you for free which is a gift me telling you sweet nothings as we rock on stage with our all time favorite band, and I already paid for the tickets so we can go!ā€

Gems you own: 5 :gem:

šŸ’Ž 25

You get a 3-4 minute scene with you going to that party wearing the outfit you bought and rocking it out

I'll stay home

The person who hypes us up is clearly upset over a gem choice.

2 Likes

Well yeah u doā€¦ but stillā€¦

1 Like

I personally hate gem choices because the sories with them expect you have like 100 gems for each episode and they are scams

1 Like