Let's Talk About . . . Global Tales!

Does the cover fit the story, or is it misleading? How about the summary, is the summary misleading? Does the story fit the genre? Is there a story you think should be on the shelf, that isn’t? Does the story fit the shelf? Pitch the story to someone! Would this story be better on a different shelf?

Realms by Thea Dee
The Dream And The Dreamer by Nour D.
The Stolen Child by E R Guerny
Hidden Shadows by Anyanka @Anyanka
Divided by Priscilla Arina
Diary of a Middle School Teacher by Marianna I. Escalante
City of Tragedy by Haileda
Bad Royals by LadyDianna
Spotlight : The Empereor’s Bodyguard

2 Likes

My streak . . . of having read stories before the shelf has . . . ended . . . many tears

anyway, besides that, I am happy to see at least three stories on the shelf were non-contest winners, but still got their chance to be featured. (Realms [60% sure], The Stolen Child and Spotlight : The Emperor’s Bodyguard)

Update : Just learned Hidden Shadows is one as well. Was a fantastical entry.

I think I’ll be reading a few…

2 Likes

I could be wrong, but I think this is the first time a spotlight story (in the new spotlight style, I have no idea about the old style) has been featured on a shelf (excluding the contest shelf of course)?
I read Spotlight: The Emperor’s Bodyguard back when it was a contest entry and I really liked it. It was one of my favourites and I thought it would be on the shelf tbh. It’s set in Japan so it suits the theme. It hasn’t been updated since the contest period though and I believe she plans to redo it in cinematic? But hopefully she continues it in spotlight too now that it’s on a shelf :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hidden Shadows was one of my favourites from the Fantastical contest. It’s very well written and the overlays used in it look amazing. I really liked the old cover though. Like really liked it, so I’m sad to see it got changed. But I just think it’s a really well paced story, and has exceptional character development.

Diary of a Middle School Teacher is the other one I read. (I remember it being promoted on the forums and seeing Marianna promising it wasn’t about a teacher-student romance hahaha) I think this story is just super cute, it’s a pretty light read despite it being such a dramatic story. Definitely suits the shelf, I honestly feel like I’ve learnt bits of another language just from reading this.

5 Likes

I’ve just started reading Divided and I’m really enjoying it so far. Currently on episode 8. The location of the story is fictional so I guess it counts as a global tale?

I have also read The Stolen Child but I truthfully don’t remember much. It wasn’t really my thing, but I remember thinking that the directing was really good. It takes place in Ireland so it fits the shelf.

2 Likes

I just started reading The Emperor’s Bodyguard and I really like it! I love how it’s set in Japan and the characters are Japanese.

Diary of a Middle School Teacher is my story… I’m thrilled that it made it on the shelf, since it takes place in Mexico and all the characters are Mexican. When I first promoted it on the old forums, I was worried people wouldn’t give it a chance because most stories that have ‘teacher’ in the title are about student-teacher relationships, and my story definitely isn’t about that… so I made sure to set the record straight about that from the beginning. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you so much!
I’m sorry to hear that about the cover :frowning: I felt the characters in the old one were too small, and it was overall too dark. :confused:

2 Likes

:heart:

It’s amazing to see contest entries that didn’t win featured on this shelf :slight_smile:
It really gives me hope that Episode is finally noticing stories we’ve worked so hard on.
And it’s such a good shelf, it’s so humbling to be featured among those amazing stories.

1 Like

Ahahaha! Ok, the cover is not really that big of a deal, so apology accepted :wink:

But like…

I was the first fan of your cover way back when you made your promotion thread :joy:

Hahaha oops! :see_no_evil: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

bump ~

I have finished reading, Hidden Shadows - and like above. I really really liked the story. ^-^

I could relate to the MC Anna, I found the directing not over powering as well. However, I don’t know if it fits the theme of the shelf. I know it takes place somewhere different where I live, but I didn’t catch on to where.

1 Like

bump ~

This shelf is no longer on the app

@Sydney_H, you may close this

1 Like

Topic closed by OP request. :wink: