Let's Talk About . . . July Picks!

ANNABELLE by Nis
Forbidden Fruit by Hasna
Iridescent by Indigo
Dear Future Husband by CodyLouise
pyrrhic by Christina Dawn
Dark Side Daddy by Zee @ZeesMusic

Does the cover fit the story, or is it misleading? How about the summary, is the summary misleading? Does the story fit the genre?

3 Likes

I’ve only read Dear Future Husband and I’ve had pyrrhic on my list to read for a while now.

Dear Future Husband I found to be a pretty light hearted read, although I some times get confused between all the characters because there’s so many like secondary main characters and quite a few that look similar. It’s got some good funny moments. I’m not sure where the title comes from though - perhaps just the Meghan Trainor song?

I read the first episode of ANNABELLE when it was a H&V entry. It wasn’t really my thing and I was a bit confused about what genre it was supposed to be (some parts made me think it was a comedy so I wasn’t sure if it was supposed to be serious or not) however, the directing is really impressive.

I haven’t read any of the others but I really like the sound of pyrrhic so I’ve just added that to my list.

I have no idea how or why I was included on this list - I’m honestly still stunned (and very thankful), but I can’t wait to check out the other authors’ work! :heartpulse: :smile:

4 Likes

bump

The only one I’ve read is pyrrhic but I really loved it! Great directing and engaging + unique plot. Would definitely recommend it.

1 Like

I liked the selection, stories seemed different from each other.

I’ve fully read Dark Side Daddy, which is one of the best stories I’ve ever read on Episode and I made a thread about it a while ago (my thread talked about three underrated stories I recommended). It is the best romance I’ve read in a LONG time. Clearly Episode thinks it’s one of the best stories, too.

I started Iridescent but it’s not really my vibe, and the directing bothered me initially tbh. My true opinion is it’s a little overrated, not to say that it’s bad, just not AMAZING.

I’d like to check the others out as they seem promising.

2 Likes

Your story was included because it’s incredible.

1 Like

bump !

Do you want to give a quick summary about Dear Future Husband? (like why is there so many secondary characters?)

1 Like

If you read pyrrhic, what did you think ?

Do you want to pitch the story to us?

Do you want to give us a quick summary of Dark Side Daddy?

Messy Summary of Dear Future Husband

Sure… (I read it a while ago so I forget names, bare with me…)

So MC is a nerdy nobody, her mother passed away and her dad is very busy with work so she does a lot of the responsibilities, like taking care of her 5 siblings. Yes, five! If I remember correctly, they’re all customizable, but if you’re like me and leave them all default, they’ll look the same as a lot of other characters. All the siblings have similar names. I think they all start with L maybe. Lander, Len, Lexi? Something along those lines.

Anywho, main LI has just moved from England to become neighbors with MC. He has a shady past with the law.

I forget how but MC becomes friends with two girls, one has a crush on MC’s twin brother and the other is dating/dated/had a thing with someone the head cheerleader wants. They all end up joining the cheer squad. There’s another LI I believe who is friends with MC’s brother, but I sorta forget how that one came about. I think he was her crush before the British neighbor moved in…

I made this story sound like it’s a mess, whoops. But there are some funny moments, just a lot of characters with having 5 siblings, multiple love interests and multiple friends who also get love interests.

2 Likes

Also, I have started reading pyrrhic. The directing is super amazing and also, I’m making all the bad choices! :woman_facepalming:

lmao, how so?

Well, choices matter and every chapter stresses to make good choices. The first one I did alright, but every other one since I get a reader message telling me I’ve just lost someone’s trust now or that they will be unsure of me in future, blah blah blah. Even in one episode, I got a reader message to say: It appears you haven’t been making very good choices :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

I get told that all the time, except it’s not on Episode, it’s in real life :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Ouch!

:scream::heart_eyes: Thank you!! xoxox