Let's talk about Lifelike by Cindy Gaultier

I guess it’s something else then. It was written by B-Bae but it looks like she got kicked off the app.

Yeah, sometimes stuff falls through the cracks, but, once again… if you see any story that violates the guidelines, let @Tyler know. I do think that some of the guidelines are vague, but at least bring it to the attention of a staffer. If they find that she has violated the guidelines, she shouldn’t win because there are plenty of authors that make a point to follow the rules that are just as deserving as a spot on the shelf.

10 Likes

Okies then, thanks!

1 Like

There are stories that won contests that violated the guidelines and still do, that have even worse things in them than Cindy’s story. We all know how sometimey Episode can be with guidelines.

@Hila
Episode sometimes overlooks stories that break guidelines… We get that…
You seemed to completely miss amber’s point. ^^

3 Likes

We are not doing the whole if-they-jumped-off-a-cliff-would-you thing, surely not :expressionless:

Look, I don’t want to derail this thread. As I said, the scene is probably fine where the guidelines are concerned. But having the mindset of “other people have done it so I should do” is frankly, concerning. I hope people are not thinking this when they write stories.

13 Likes

I 100% understand your point. But my point is many contest entries that won broke guidelines in their stories one way or another, and still do. I’m just saying.

2 Likes

After reading these replies, I think maybe people don’t realize: Episode will contact authors whose stories contain minor violations (as in, easily removable ones) but have scores high enough to win the contest, and ask them to change or remove the scenes before they announce the winners.

Since all winners are carefully checked by review teams, all final products that make the shelf will abide by Episode’s content guidelines.

11 Likes

Read the three chapters!
I love it. I’m hooked and ready for more!

This is one of my favorite ethical dilemma story plots. (Artificial intelligence based ethical dilemmas). I am able to relate to the MC especially in her empathy!
The directing and overlays are top notch. The backgrounds are gorgeous. The futuristic setting is so beautifully orchestrated.
We’ve barely been introduced and I already adore and feel a sense of protectiveness for Will and the MC. That’s a sure sign of a well written character.
The scene is where you catch your fiance cheating on you is tastefully done. I’m not sure what people are getting worked up about.

All I can say is … hot damn @cindyg this might be your best work yet!

8 Likes

Hi. So, firstly, there isn’t any contest winner that broke the guidelines. If it’s broken, Episode sometimes contacts the author to change it. Sometimes they don’t and just take the story off their list. I know that 6 stories that violated the guidelines didn’t get a chance to fix. It’s best not to spread false information.

Secondly, it being a good story doesn’t allow breaking the guidelines. I’m more concerned about the v*brator word, but it all depends on Episode. I’m sure miss Cindy will get an email about 5 days later since that’s when judging starts.

10 Likes

If we want to make the “well, other people” argument, I’ll make it too.

Other people have had their stories temporarily taken down for less than this.

14 Likes

I’ve tried to stay off this thread, for well umm…obvious reasons.

But what is this talk about a robot vibrator? :flushed:

7 Likes

In the beginning, the MC’s boyfriend suggests buying one of the robots to spice things up.
The MC expresses disgust at the idea of a threesome with a robot. Her boyfriend basically tells her the robot would be a vibrator to spice things up, because she’s so boring.

8 Likes

Wow :grimacing:. Thank you for clarifying that for me.

4 Likes

or girlfriend

3 Likes

No problem!

3 Likes

I feel like people should refraining from making a comment about fit to theme if they don’t understand what it is. No one needs to read entire three episodes to decide whether a story fits a genre. Do you read three episodes of a story to decide whether it’s fantasy/thriller/romance? Nope, reading one episode is pretty much enough to decide a story’s genre. If I read Chain reaction one episode and say it’s NOT horror, I’m pretty sure it won’t logical to get me read more episodes to comment on its genre. I guess I could say the same for Lifelike, a story that’s in the “adventure” genre.

7 Likes

Hello I forgot password current episode of lifelike can u tell me?

I’ve just read one or two episodes, but it seems pretty fun already.

My only gripe so far is that the gender for the love interest/bf/gf is so obviously just switched around. I’m not sure if the names are different, but I can tell that the only other things that have changed if you choose a certain gender is the appearance/character model. It’s painfully obvious during the, er… desk scene.

But- Considering how well everything else is done, I’m not sure if I can really complain about such a trivial aspect, haha.

1 Like

What does the female one look like since I only went for the hetereosexual route when I first read the three chapters.

The girlfriend, or the main love interest? Because I think the love interest is customizable.