Let's Talk About.... Limelight Shade

As we all know limelight is Episode’s newer style, they have more animations, new updates. That adds to our creativity!!! But we also know Limelight gets a lot of hate. So I have a few questions, and you can be real.

• RULE ONE: NO SUGARCOATING!
  • Feel free to add on anything off your chest about this.

QUESTIONS

• Do you love limelight?
  • Are Ink fans getting annoying?
  • Are you tired of this stupid battle that happens 24/7?
  • Do you think limelight is suitable for any genre?
  • What do you think of all the hate limelight gets on Instagram every time they update?
  • Is the Ink comedy section even funny anymore?

• Is Classic considered gone?

• If Classic was updated, would you use it?

• How did you feel about Classic when it came out?

• Does Classic have the best outfits?

• Do you love limelight? YASSS

• Are Ink fans getting annoying? Yes, but I see what they are going through. A new style that gets tons of update, and they are left with such little things compared to LL, but they need to be mature.

• Are you tired of this stupid battle that happens 24/7? God yes, especially with all of these threads, Ink or Limelight, just shut the hell up.

• Do you think limelight is suitable for any genre? Hell yeah, any style is!!!

• What do you think of all the hate limelight gets on Instagram every time they update? They need to accept it, what they do won’t do anything. It’s so immature.

• Is the Ink comedy section even funny anymore? No, because I see the same thing. Obsessed with food, cry over food, “shush” “yawn_bored” “finger_flirtsnap” after animations are super lame now. Now I look at the Limelight Comedy Section, they are actually funny, they make me laugh, they are new fresh ideas. Not the MC arguing with the author, funny, real comedy

7 Likes

ah yes. Ink vs Limelight

1. I love limelight it brings a more modern purpose.
  2. Yes, But i Can see why
  3. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, Just accept it we don’t have to fight.
  4. Uhm, No not really I see the same cliche’s over and over :frowning:
5 Likes
  • Do you love limelight? Hell yeah.
  • Are Ink fans getting annoying? Yes bisshhh
  • Are you tired of this stupid battle that happens 24/7? God yes
  • Do you think limelight is suitable for any genre? Why not, yeah
  • What do you think of all the hate limelight gets on Instagram every time they update? That is just plain dumb
  • Is the Ink comedy section even funny anymore? Hell no.
1 Like

Fr, sis.

2 Likes

:sweat_smile:

2 Likes
  • Ink is getting annoying asf, they keep trying to cheat the system by wanting their characters to wear LL clothes. They are really that desperate. {No all of you, but majority}
6 Likes

Do you love limelight?
yes! i love how much variety you can get out of it.

Are Ink fans getting annoying?
sometimes yes.

Are you tired of this stupid battle that happens 24/7?
yes, people should respect everyone elses opinion on a style and mind their business

Do you think limelight is suitable for any genre?
yes i dont know of a genre it wouldnt fit

What do you think of all the hate limelight gets on Instagram every time they update?
immature af, why would you give hate to an art style

Is the Ink comedy section even funny anymore?
idk ive read a few comedy stories but not many and not any new ones

2 Likes

The diversity is to die for, I can add so much, with my knowledge.

1 Like
  • Do you love limelight?
    Omg yes …! It’s more realistic and had better animation…
    Honestly yes they complain a lot and usually get mad when someone prefers LL over ink (not all fans) I get where they are coming from because I was upset when ink came out and felt wired the huge change in episode.
    Yes it’s immature and a certain style of animation isn’t as important than other things in life that should matter…
    I think it because of all the variety of animations and clothing options.
  • What do you think of all the hate limelight gets on Instagram every time they update?
    I think it’s dumb… I think they should just accept the fact that episode is focused on there newest version of animation…
    I think its ok but repetitive …
2 Likes
  • Do you love limelight?
    I prefer ink, but I don’t hate LL.
    Some people are, I’m not.
    Yes. I don’t get the point of hating a style and attacking people because of it. If you don’t like it, don’t read stories with that style.
    It depends on the story plotline and the author, not the style.
    Because people want ink to get updates as well.
    Yes. Why does having another style makes stories with ink less funny?
3 Likes

That doesn’t give them the right, to be immature about it 24/7.

1 Like

I agree with most your points, but I think it’s pretty difficult to write a medieval fantasy in LL as there’s very few suitable outfits. It’s also borderline impossible to write sci-fi in any style.

4 Likes

I don’t see any more fantasy outfits for Ink, LL has a lot, hopefully we get more, like astronauts, wizards, and such.

2 Likes

I agree.

When you didn’t read the question properly, I thought it asked why not what :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

I’ve found you have to layer outfits a lot because most clothing is too revealing for medieval fantasy, which can be really irritating. I’m not saying it’s easier to write in ink, it’s actually difficult to write in both. I also hope we get more because my story is just sitting in the portal at the moment.

1 Like

Misunderstanding, it happens to all of us :sweat:

1 Like

I used to love ink and hate limelight, (same for classic and ink) but then I learned to just love limelight. Don’t get me wrong, I still adore ink stories but I just like writing with limelight now. There are a few things I wish limelight had (like a few of the really funny ink expressions) and a hair style. I’m currently writing a story that I was originally gonna do in ink and I would think about it a lot and I made the PERFECT main character, but decided not to do it because ink just didn’t have enough for me. I’ve moved it to limelight and I still can’t find the right look for the main character. It really isn’t as “Bold” as it was in ink, and the main character is a really bold character and I wanted her to look that way, but now if I want that I have to come up with a completely different look or something.
I don’t think ink fans are annoying, but I do think that both ink and limelight users should at least respect each other. It’s hard but I think ink users should accept that they probably aren’t going to get new stuff (if they haven’t already).
I still find the ink section funny. At least some of it lol. It’s really about the writing honestly, even if you’re stuck with a few funny animations a good author can make that really funny with some really good writing. I think that it’s over done at times but I still find it funny.

2 Likes

No sugarcoating… alrighty.

I am a fan of limelight, more importantly, I am an author of a story in twoish versions (INK and LL) and guess what, LL is way more popular. So every time I see an up and coming author asking what version they should write in, it should be limelight. Very vocal authors may prefer INK but readers prefer limelight. INK is done - it’s not getting any more updates (you get what you get) whereas LL is going to have almost weekly updates until… well… whatever comes after LL.

I wouldn’t say annoying, but I do strongly dislike that for a small population of readers if the story is not INK they will not read it. If I could, I would totally block this population of readers because I find it infuriating that a style of a story is the determination of continuing a story or not. It should be based on what’s in the story (plot, content, character development, directing, etc.)

I’m not tired of the battle, I’m more tired of the instagram comments that are like ‘release the INK closet’ and they’ve mentioned many times that it’s not going to be released. I also dislike the passive aggressiveness in these comments typically like, for me, it’s always the same persons who are the top comments and I think they might be doing it for likes at this point because it’s asked under every post.

Why wouldn’t limelight be suitable for every genre? Because of the ‘funny’ INK animations (of which are so overused and kind of lost their spark in my unsugarcoated opinion) -?

2 Likes

Do you love Limelight? It’s looking good!
Are Ink fans getting annoying? Yes. But only the ones who ask/demand for more Ink items when Episode releases Limelight stuff. They just released some NEW Limelight assets and NOW you’re just complaining that it’s not Ink stuff? Grow up. Be grateful that they even released anything for us at all.
Are you tired of this stupid battle that happens 24/7? Yes. Episode offers everyone to be able to use Classic, Ink, and Limelight styles for any of our stories. Why are we debating? Limelight is Limelight. Ink is Ink. If Limelight were Ink’s replacement, then they would have gotten rid of Ink!
Do you think that Limelight is suitable for any genre? I reckon that it’s great for Thriller, Horror, Mystery and Fantasy. Comedy, too!
What do you think of the hate that Limelight gets on Instagram every time they update? I think that it’s just plain stupid! If Episode could update Ink, they would! They literally aren’t able to update Ink, so that’s why they’re making stuff for Limelight! Just like how they moved on from Classic when Ink was created! Back when Limelight had little to no assets, it was understandable. But now: it’s just silly.
Is the Ink comedy section even funny anymore? No. Always making characters do the shush and flirt_fingersnap end animation is not even funny anymore. It’s overused. Classic, in my opinion, is the best style for Comedy stories because of its cartoon-ish art style. I wish that people would appreciate Classic more.

3 Likes

Do you love limelight?
Yesssss

Are Ink fans getting annoying?
Certain ones, yes, not all though

Are you tired of this stupid battle that happens 24/7?
Yes

Do you think limelight is suitable for any genre?
All styles are suitable for all genres imo

What do you think of all the hate limelight gets on Instagram every time they update?
Ink is a much older style so it had updates for a long time before limelight came along, it’s still got a wide range of outfits and animations so it can still be used, I don’t understand why they are getting so butthurt about it. Its not like the whole style is being deleted.

Is the Ink comedy section even funny anymore?
I don’t tend to read ink stories anymore (just prefer LL) so I don’t know

1 Like