Let's Talk About.... Limelight Shade

I agree with every word. :relieved::relieved::relieved::relieved:

1 Like

:clapping:

1 Like
  • Do you love limelight?
    Love it, no. But I do like it and can read stories in it as before I couldn’t and hated it. Progress lol.

• Are Ink fans getting annoying?
    Some are not all and this is coming from an ink fan.

• Are you tired of this stupid battle that happens 24/7?
    Not really. I mean some is irritating but it’s also kind of funny when people keep it friendly.

• Do you think limelight is suitable for any genre?
    I guess so. It’s just difficult to take it’s animations seriously when it lacks emotions and they move slow af. I do agree that it is lacking some clothings that will make it even more suitable for other genres. I feel like now, it’s only really good for romance and pregnancy stories (I guess because that’s all episode write).

• What do you think of all the hate limelight gets on Instagram every time they update?
    I mean it can get annoying. I’m not saying that people have to like the style, it’s really understandable if you don’t, but some people really need to understand that there is a time and a place. A post will be made praising someone’s work or congratulating someone and then you’ll see someone post something complaining about LL and so on. It’s kind of rude.

• Is the Ink comedy section even funny anymore?
    Yes it is. A story can be badly written or be cliche no matter the style. If that’s all you’re seeing it’s because those are the stories you are chosing to read. Also, if your sense of humour is shit then no matter what style you write in, your comedy story will also be shit. Find better stories :woman_shrugging:t5:.

5 Likes
  • Do you love limelight?
    Yes! It’s my favourite style since they ditched the Pretty Little Liars limelight and revamped it.
    A little, yes. Especially when they ask “what about ink?” On limelight updates.
    Yes 100%. It’s getting old really quick.
    Any genre? Yes. Any writing style? No.
  • What do you think of all the hate limelight gets on Instagram every time they update?
    I think its unnecessary. Even on major hair updates, there’s always someone complaining that it isn’t what they wanted to be released.
    I don’t read Ink comedy because it’s all the same animations now over and over.
4 Likes
  1. Yes I love LL!!!
  2. Maybe someone…
  3. Yeeesss, I mean everyone has our own preferencies!! We can’t love the same thing! Geez…stop this battle…
  4. Maybe… I am not sure bcs Ink has something like animations and clothing that the LL still don’t has. Like the swimming animation and some clothing…
  5. Geez!! Get a life!!!
  6. Actually, I like both…

Edit: Oh and I can imagine the poor “Classic” no one talks about that anymore… :disappointed: Not that I like it Lmao :rofl:

2 Likes

I LOVE LIMELIGHT! It is really cool :+1:
Not really, but they are bothering.:confounded:
Yes! There is no reason to argue about that. Everyone has different taste.:woman_shrugging:
I do actually :thinking:
There is no read to hate. Episode supports everyone (genders, love preferences etc). It is ridiculous and not appropriate of people to get mad!
Not anymore :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Same :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

There are still Classic fans but they are not so much… is like everyone forgot about them…

Classic atm::sob::gun:

4 Likes

Do you love limelight?
I’m in the middle, we have a love-hate relationship.

Are Ink fans getting annoying?
Some can be very annoying and won’t stop but I was also an warrior of the ink for a week or less.

Are you tired of this stupid battle that happens 24/7?
I ignore it all and know I don’t even know it’s happening anymore.

Do you think limelight is suitable for any genre?
I’d say no because for action it’s too slow. Like the punching and standing up Which are all very commonly used in fight scenes are too slow in limelight even if you did make it 0.5 speed.

What do you think of all the hate limelight
gets on Instagram every time they update?

Because episode isn’t listening to what the people want from limelight, they want more summer clothes.

Is the Ink comedy section even funny anymore?
Uh a lot of it is just the MC and LI being obsessed with food and having bats but each to their own. I liked it but it’s a little over used- but! There is some really funny ink comedies that aren’t all about food. You just have to dig a little.

Btw I like all three styles but classic has still got my heart I’m sorry. :pensive:

4 Likes

I’ll have to be honest here, it took me ages to warm up to limelight -not that I was one of those people causing drama over ink being better, I just quietly kept my opinion to myself coz I didn’t think it was too big of a deal- but now I don’t mind it. I am disappointed that ink isn’t updated anymore because I loved the way the characters looked in this style. At first I hated limelight because I couldn’t make the characters look how I envisioned them very easily, but now they are updating it more, I feel it has greatly improved!!
I have a story published in limelight and I’m writing one in ink because I don’t think we should let either style fade out because they are both very good.
I think this feud we have going on needs to stop. It’s dividing us as a community! I remember when I first joined and this community was amazing, yes there were some dramas over some things but not loads and people just overall seemed to get on better. Now, we seem to argue over everything! Just because you don’t like a style and someone else does, doesn’t mean there is any need to fight over it. Is it disappointing ink isn’t being updated anymore? Yes. Can we do anything about it? No. Get over it. Stop this stupid feud!!!
I think ink fans are getting slightly annoying but I understand why. They are just disappointed that the style they like isn’t being updated anymore. They want that to change so they can get all the cool things that limelight is getting. Can limelight fans not understand this? So yes as much as ink fans, you need to tone it down a few, I think limelight could try to be just a tad more understanding of why they are upset because maybe they really don’t like limelight and so want to use ink but then they aren’t getting updated. So limelight keep getting all this cool stuff and ink can’t even use it.
I think ink and limelight are suitable for any genre. It’s not about the style for me but what the author writes. Yes there are benefits to using limelight over ink because limelight is being updated whereas ink isn’t. But authors can still be creative enough to make it work for both genres!
I don’t read the comedy section for either style. But I don’t think that ink stories can’t be funny. Has nobody read Melissa Lavonne’s stories?!? They are hilarious and she writes in ink and limelight. It’s the same as what I said for the genres, it’s about the authors creative ability not the style for me. There are plenty of funny ink stories out there, some aren’t even in the comedy section! You just need to find them.
And that, my friends, is the opinion of someone who likes both limelight and ink :slightly_smiling_face: I hope you enjoyed reading this long ass paragraph as much as I enjoyed writing it :grin: (jk lol my fingers hurt :joy::joy:)

4 Likes
  • Do you love limelight? I’ve done a complete 180 on it lol :joy: I absolutely detested limelight 2 years ago, but it’s improved so much since then that I decided to give it a try. Now I love ink and limelight equally :grin:
  • Are Ink fans getting annoying? In my opinion, the majority of them aren’t. Most have accepted ink will never be updated again. However, there are some that do rub me up the wrong way with all the “what about ink”, “release the ink hidden features”, “release this in ink and that in ink…” blah blah blah. I’m an ink fan too and am as disappointed as every other ink fan that it has been discontinued. Would I love to see moles/freckles/more tattoos and other new features in ink? Absolutely! Will it ever happen? Not a chance. There’s nothing we can do about this so let’s just move on and appreciate all of the features that ink does have.
  • Are you tired of this stupid battle that happens 24/7? Hell yes! I completely agree with @XxLilyyxX. This stupid feud is dividing our community and it needs to STOP. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and preferences and we should all accept it and support each other. That’s what makes us a community, not a bunch of people sprouting hate at each other. Some people prefer ink. That’s fine, there are plenty of ink stories on the app. Just because ink updates have been discontinued, doesn’t mean ink stories are discontinued. Plenty of authors still write in ink (I’m one of them myself!). Some people prefer limelight. Also fine. Limelight stories are on the rise due to its massive improvements over the last year or so. Some people have no preference. Good for you. You have the pick of almost every story on the app lol. The people I really feel bad for are the people who prefer classic. It’s not easy to find a well-written story with a good plot in classic anymore.
  • Do you think limelight is suitable for any genre? It depends on the plotline and how well-written the story is, not what style it is written in. However, as someone who has written fight scenes in limelight, I can definitely say it’s hard to write convincing fight scenes because the animations are so slow. It’s MUCH easier to write good fight/action scenes in ink.
  • What do you think of all the hate limelight gets on Instagram every time they update? I don’t pay any attention to the comments episode gets on Instagram every time they announce an update for this exact reason.
  • Is the Ink comedy section even funny anymore? No idea. The comedy section isn’t my personal taste so I don’t read it.
2 Likes

I agree with your every answer!

Limelight is my love since the day it came out. :heart: :heart:

1 Like

Do you love limelight?
Yes, I love it! :smiley:

Sometimes, to be honest. Really, they should accept the fact that Episode will not and cannot update Ink anymore (because of several reasons)!

Yes. It’s stupid and inmature af!

I think so. INK and Classic are not bad but just outdated. But it’s only my opinion.

What do you think of all the hate limelight gets on Instagram every time they update?
It’s ridicilous! If you don’t like a style then don’t read stories with the style you deteste. It’s not that hard! We have many stories written in INK and Classic. So, there is for everyone a story they will like.

Depends on the story, but I don’t think it has something to do with the style.

2 Likes

Do you love limelight?
-I like it but i dont love it

-sometimes they can be hella annoying.

-eh i dont really care because i dont see it that often

-yes, but ink has some good animations that really capture what the character is thinking/saying

What do you think of all the hate limelight gets on Instagram every time they update?
ll doesnt deserve the hate. people are just being immature.

-i don’t really read ink comedy so i dont know.

1 Like

no offence but most of the ink comedy is that characters being awkward 24/7 or weird crack head antics with characters popping up from random sides of the screen, i mean if you find that funny sis go ahead, i cant tell nobody what to do :skull:

2 Likes
  • Do you love limelight?*
    In the beginning when I started reading Pretty Little Liars, I used to think that LL looked weird, but I got used to it and fell in love with it. It reminds me of playing Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion graphics a tad bit.
  • Are Ink fans getting annoying?*
    Yes, they are. I think they should get used to it and move on. Don’t get me wrong, I believe Ink is good, but I have outgrown it already once LL came out.
  • Are you tired of this stupid battle that happens 24/7?*
    Yes, I am because I truly do not care.
  • Do you think limelight is suitable for any genre?*
    I think LL is suitable for any genre, but I think it suits more for Romance, Drama, and Comedy.
    Ink can be used for any genre too, but I believe Ink suits more for Fantasy than LL. LL graphics is more realistic, however Ink is somewhere in between cartoon and real.
  • What do you think of all the hate limelight gets on Instagram every time they update?*
    To be honest, I am still new on Instagram, so I am not 100% aware of this. I think all the haters just need to move on.
  • Is the Ink comedy section even funny anymore?*
    I am not going to answer this question because I barely even read comedy and it wouldn’t be honest of me to make up one.
1 Like
  • Do you love limelight?
    yes, it’s my fave
    very
    who isn’t lol
    its easier to take seriously than ink is, but not too serious for comedy! yes!
    tired of it, just like I’m tired of everything
    i refuse to touch it normally so idk
2 Likes

Do you like Limelight?
Yes!!

Are ink fans getting annoying?
The ones who just keep hating on Limelight stories, and are just being immature yes they are. We shouldn’t have to battle over which style is better.

Are you tired of the stupid battle that happens 24/7?
Yes! I feel like everyone doing it are just little kids, or immature teens/adults. I get your art style was canceled, but there comes a time when you need to stop. Ink was getting old, it was never going to be the only style. While other apps were getting more realist, episode was suppose to say cartoony?

Do you think Limelight is suitable for an up genre?
Yes I do. Just like any art style, with the right overlays you could make miracles in writing portal.

What do you think of all the hate Limelight gets in Instagram every time they update?
Honestly people are so impatient. I get it, just,like any other person I wish they would release all the hidden clothes, backgrounds, and animations they have. But give it time, we will get there slowly.

Is ink comedy even fun anymore?
No idea. Never read it, and probably never will. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like
  • Do you love limelight? Yeah but Ink is better
  • Are Ink fans getting annoying? Idk I don’t meet much anymore
  • Are you tired of this stupid battle that happens 24/7? I swear I feel like I live on another planet since I don’t feel any battle lmao
  • Do you think limelight is suitable for any genre? Yes . Comedy in limelight is hard though
  • What do you think of all the hate limelight gets on Instagram every time they update? That sucks
  • Is the Ink comedy section even funny anymore? Comedy section in general is dead
1 Like

imo ink style is better for characters with more natural features, while limelight’s less natural features (dyed hair, colorful eyes) are much more visually pleasing than ink’s.

1 Like