Let's Talk About . . . Love Yourself!

Maybe? One definitely did but I can’t remember which one. Unless it’s already been removed and switched?
Or the author decided to take that part off so that people would read it?

Edit: Come to think of it, I don’t remember Unexpectedly Yours being on there when I first looked? I could be wrong.

2 Likes

Maybe that was it.

I just wish most of the stories weren’t about romance and the protagonist loving themselves through someone else… I would’ve loved it if this new shelf was filled with anything except romance where the main character learns to love themselves without the need of a romantic partner. Since this shelf is about loving yourself after all. It’s possible to learn to love yourself while staying single, you know? Just me…?

I’m definitely going to read Wasted Roses, though, because who doesn’t like @GenevieveM’s writing? :blush:

8 Likes

I’ve only read “Celebrities”. I’m glad that they chose that one. I really think it portrays anxiety well and I find myself relating to the MC a lot.

But I’ve been seeing people complain about “Therapy 101” , does anyone know anything about that?

Not just you! I agree so much. I write down stories ideas a lot and I recently wrote about a middle aged woman who kids just left for college and decides she wants to get to know herself all over again and stuff. Hopefully i can write it after I publish a story I’m working on atm. I really do want a character that doesn’t depend on someone to bring them happiness.

All seem like the same basic Mental Illness plot boy girl(or watever ur into) fall in love and various illness thrown in. Idk none of them seem apealling AT.ALL. maybe im too far gone to care about these stories idk just not intresting.

I would actually really love to read that kind of story! It would be such a refreshing sight in the middle of all the romance “please, save me” stories. And at this point, I’d actually be fine with a character needing the help of someone to learn to love themselves, just not a romantic partner. A patient and understanding family member perhaps? Or a guru? Or an old person who’s experienced so much in life and doesn’t rely so much on their looks to love themselves? All of those would be great to see, I think.
Send me a PM whenever you decide to write your story and publish it, if you don’t mind, I’d love to check it out! :blush:

1 Like

Angie is a Punk isn’t about love saving the girl. It is actually taken from a therapy perspective where the reader is basically Angie’s psychologist. It’s really good.

4 Likes

I love that they combatted romance together with mental illness. Love it or not.
Majority of episode users love romance and that’s why they chose these stories.
I’m very intrigued for this shelf

if I know Fallen it involves either 1) drawing us into charting out potential trends with them to have interesting and unique and longer than usual discussions or 2) she’s gonna murder someone she’s famous for these plot twists- making us think something’s going to happen and then making something we never saw coming happened. You’re welcome for the warning if it’s #2 :v:

1 Like

I just saw a screenshot. The original story was called Dark Innocence :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looking at the shelf stories rn-

Wasted Roses: I’m fully caught up on this. Absolutely love it. A little bit dramatic but also very beautiful, very well focused around health and other highly important issues. I’m not 100% sure it’s the absolute best fit for this shelf but its an excellent story that does an excellent job covering sensitive topics and hooking the reader.

Fire and Ice: I…don’t know about this one. I haven’t read it. I don’t know if I will. Half of me is intrigued because I don’t believe I’ve seen an eating disorder story on Episode and if the insight the small cover gives me to work off of, it’ll be a wild ride and not just ‘love saves us’. But it also does feel maybe a little too ‘love saves us from ourselves!’ for me. We’ll see.

Therapy 101: I will probably end up reading it because it looks pretty bangin’ based off the description but I swear to god this better not be a romance or if it is a romance it better be a good one and not a ‘love saves us’ one.

Angie is a Punk: I wasn’t going to read this. I really wasn’t planning on reading this at all. I looked at the cover and noped out. But based on the thing someone in this thread said about it being from the doctor’s perspective, I just might give it a shot. We’ll see.

SILENT NIGHT: I will definitely probably give this a read. It seems wayyy too intriguing to pass up. Also I see two award stickers on the cover so oooooh.

FOREVER: I’m sorry but I’ve never read a story with a description like “She has one rule. Don’t trust anyone.” because it almost inevitably means the character will trust people/a person and either turn into a mega Mary Sue with her loyalty to them or they’ll just fix all her issues and leave it at that. Unless I get proved otherwise, it’s a nope on this one.

CELEBRITIES: I really didn’t want to read this based on the cover and description and the large cover advertising CC and romance options and all that. However, since someone in this thread mentioned it deals with anxiety I might give it a shot if I have time to blow, but I’m highly doubtful. I don’t like this.

Unexpectedly Yours: Feels a little too ‘love saves us from ourselves!!’ for me. Enough said.

A Poisonous Rose: Ditto on what I said about Unexpectedly Yours.

@FallenAngelNight13 are you proud of this my son I did a real long post thingy

2 Likes

She’s going to murder someone? Uh, praying for #1

Yes, that was it. They must have switched it out and reposted. I still believe @J.Miley should have been up there with Speak. Nothing against the other stories, just my personal opinion.
The Struggles Within by @zetti is another story that would have been good for the shelf.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

proud af

it’s good enough for a CAT memes because no one really likes DOG memes cough cough ryan I know y ou will see this

3 Likes

Hahahaha -

It’s going to be number one mainly - two isn’t that bad of an idea though !

2 Likes

She’s probably not on there because the last time they had a shelf like this (I think it was the “Health and Wellness” shelf?), Speak was on it. They’re probably trying to promote different stories this time.

1 Like

I read and enjoyed Wasted Roses, SILENT NIGHT and Therapy 101.
I’ve read a bit of Celebrities; I might finish it at some point.
As for the rest of them, the descriptions made me think “eh, probably not my thing,” so I’m probably not gonna read those.

1 Like

The title had discontinued, then author removed it I guess