Let's Talk About . . . March's Picks!

• He Can’t Tame Me by Meila Summers
  • Sector 9 by Batsy
  • REPUTATION by Mira Mira
  • To Love Again by Joriemar
  • Slayer by Amanda Michele @amepisode
  • Pregnant with the Prince, Living with the Pauper by Ana Stacy

Does the story fit the shelf, is it complete? Does the cover represent the story, would you reread? Who is the audience for the story, do choices matter, is the summary misleading, does it fit the genre?

4 Likes

Slayer is amazing, it’s the only vampire story I’ve read on the app and I’m loving everything about it! I’ve very happy it got featured - it definitely deserved to win the Dream Job contest, so this shelf is long overdue.

I’m planning to read He Can’t Tame Me because Meila is one of my favorite authors ever, I love her sense of humor. I know I’m going to love it!

I have also had Sector 9 on my list for a while, I’ve only heard good things about it, so I’m going to give it a try soon.

However, I have no idea how Pregnant with the Prince, Living with the Pauper got on the shelf. Directing is almost non existent, and very choppy. Flat and often unnecessary narration on empty looping backgrounds. Dialogues unrealistic and exaggerated. Plot overused. I didn’t manage to finish the first episode. The only positive thing I can say about it is that it has good grammar, to be honest… I thought the shelves are supposed to feature the BEST stories. For me, this one is far from being decent.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing! Will you reread Slayer once it’s complete?

No, I don’t reread stories. But I would recommend it to everyone!

2 Likes

Another vote for Slayer! Everything @amepisode writes is fantastic. There’s always a lesson at the end of them as well and her stories VERY entertaining! I am so glad Episode recognized her genius and has featured her once again.

1 Like

Oh, also about fitting the theme of the shelf, it’s the March Editor’s Picks, so really anything could fit there :smiley:

1 Like

yep twice in a month, :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Do you want to give a quick summary of Slayer? : D

Oh gosh :see_no_evil: Thank you so much my love :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

You’re so good to me :kissing_heart: Thank you. You are one of my inspirations on the app. Your stories Everly After and The Chosen Few blow me away :heart_eyes:

1 Like

yEs yEs yEs

REPUTATION got on aHH
I’ve been reading REPUTATION before it was chosen and 10/10 it deserves to be there.
Not only is the story pretty diverse, it actually tackles some real issues without being boring or grim.
rEAD iT
:star2:

2 Likes

Like what issues?

aHH the lack of diversity in Hollywood
the sexist representation of women in Hollywood
and to a lesser extent since it is only mentioned,
drug abuse.
:star2:

2 Likes

I’m so happy that Reputation got featured on a shelf because it’s one of my favorite stories. I definitely recommend it. It’s about three up-and-coming Hollywood actors who are nominated for an award and how they have to deal with discrimination, gossip, and being careful about their reputation and image since they are Hollywood stars.

1 Like

would you say it’s more of a drama or romance (or even mystery) and why?

@ryan close this as well

1 Like