Let's talk about: #NotMyAriel

i agree

1 Like

YES. this

1 Like

a rose leaf is green

As long as the other characters stay the same I’m good…

1 Like

technically, it’s black washing, not diverse

1 Like

That is true. that is how she is described. (I looked in the book when all this with ariel started)

1 Like

it’s just sad for me cuz she’s my favourite and i’ve always thought she is perfect

Kinda seems like your whole deal here is just “I, personally, prefer that she’s white”

“I, personally, prefer that she’s the original version I grew up with”

3 Likes

i totally understand, but wouldn’t you rather original characters stay the same and newer characters are different? to show the progress of society?

1 Like

but honestly I am kinda over it. ill properly only see it once. if I even do that I have not seen most of the live actions

1 Like

well, it kinda is

but i also said

Oh my chocolate that’s so true! Wise frickin words!

But yeah same I thought this was a rumor honestly but I’m definitely watching it when it comes out. But I’m all for more chocolatey princesses! :princess:t5:

2 Likes

lmao you say oh my chocolate, i always say ‘holy fried chicken’

2 Likes

Well, shoot, Imma probably get targeted for this but I’m really happy about Halle playing ariel :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Ariel was my absolute favorite princess growing up (she still is) and I don’t care that Halle will be playing her. She’s beautiful, talented, her voice is absolutely ethereal… I think she’ll be perfect :woman_shrugging:

Honestly, I’m more upset about the fact that Harry Styles will be playing Eric lmao (I guess he isn’t, oop-)

3 Likes

He w h a t

1 Like

he turned down the part

He did refuse the role :smirk:

1 Like

I would not mind more black disney princess. Disney going to africa and do some folklore from their. that I would fully support.

4 Likes