I’m really happy to see RudeInception on this shelf to start off with. She’s been helpful to the community, so it’s nice to see her story featured.
I read maybe about half of the first episode before the shelf, but it was late at night and I was sleepy and there was too much information for me to retain that I got worried and left it in my favourites shelf until I was prepared to actually focus on details… Turns out it’s really only that first episode where you really have to be focused, the rest was easy enough for me to follow late at night while being semi-sleepy.
Jazz is easily my favourite character.
And I think the way gangs are represented in this is probably one of the most accurate portrayals on Episode (like seriously, gangs have jackets! And Rude’s pulled it off! Take notes, people)
This seemed really interesting when I read the description and I quite enjoyed the first few episodes. I ended up reading all 9 published episodes, it was a pretty easy read. The premise is that MC has anger issues and lost it so her parents send her and her brother to live withe a family friend in America so she can go to therapy and learn who to deal with her anger. I think the summary and cover are both misleading in their own ways though. After the first few episodes, the whole anger-therapy thing sort of takes a back burner, hence why I think the summary is misleading. Whereas the cover is MC and LI, which I feel doesn’t represent the first few episodes, but does represent the last few. I guess in the summary and cover sort of compliment each other because it shows both sides of the story Anywho, despite a lot of unrealistic senarios that had been thrown into the mix, I found this one pretty good and would probably recommend to anyone who wants a easy read.
Aww, this one was sad… Nicely directed and narrated, but sad… I won’t continue it only because sad
I do think it would be a good read for people who like tear jerkers. It was also good to see an LGBT+ story on the shelf. Though, from the FAQ, I’m assuming that the author’s already gotten complaints about that. SIGH!
Chasing the Bad Girl
This one didn’t really pick my interest from the first episode, but I’d recommend it to people who like action (I’m pretty sure there’s romance too, but later on) with a female lead, I got the feeling there’s also a bit of a mystery to figure out too, and to anyone that likes long episodes. Episode 1 felt pretty long to me, so I don’t think you’d be wasting passes on this one, so to speak.
Summary - didn’t really represent what I read, but it probably is more accurate to the majority of the story, considering I only read one out of 13
Love Me To The Bitter End
- I really liked the opening scene to this, I think mostly because it had to have been an overlay or custom background, but it didn’t look overly edited. If anything, it looked like the author must have had access to exclusive clothing/props. Haha. Story line didn’t really grab me, so I probably won’t stick with this one.
Summary- I don’t think it gives away much detail, but I do think it’s the kind of summary that lets you know what kind of story it will be.
The summary for this one was pretty vague, so… I don’t know if I’d say it was misleading, just that there wasn’t enough. I liked the way the author introduced the characters… Most of the first episode was hinting that MC had a secret, which I believe was revealed at the end of episode one (and was like… a little sad, but not as sad as the other story on the shelf), but I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s another secret MC is hiding from everyone (including the reader) too.
- Only one of these stories was in LL, but even the one in LL has an INK version available.
- 3 stories were dramas, 3 were romance… <-- I am surprised. I know we just had the thriller contest, but I still thought there’d be some horror stories up there since it was the October picks (not sure I can say this means they don’t fit the shelf though, since there’s not really a theme for the editor’s picks anyway)
- As mentioned already on this thread, three stories started with less than 10k reads (which has basically become the unofficial cap on whether you can call yourself a “small” author.)
- EVERY story on the shelf had an author’s note in the first episode.
- I could be wrong with this next one, but I’m pretty sure none of the stories had choices that significantly mattered… Or many choices at all for that matter either. There were a couple that may have altered a scene or two, but I didn’t feel like any choices I came across were all that crucial (but I could be wrong with the ones I only read the first episode for).
Fun fact: I’ve actually noticed this has become a bit of a growing trend on the shelves - a lot more stories are getting featured that have little to no-choices available.
- If you hold your phone at arms length while staring at the shelf 4 out of the 6 small covers look identical. Lol. …Same poses, I’m meaning of course. They don’t look exactly the same.