Let's Talk About Recommending Stories

Quote: "Well…someone said she wouldn’t recommend my story… I understand and respect the decision but it still hurts."

I am not going to tag the person, just only her quote.

Questions:

Now, if someone told you that their NOT going to recommend your story:

1. How would YOU feel?

2. If that same person told you to recommend THEIR story when they didn’t recommend YOUR story, would you oo it?

3. If the person said that their not going to recommend your story, do you think that it was maybe because of the plot? directing? coding? art scenes?, etc?

P.S.You can add, ask, as many questions, and give answers, and discuss this topic.

LET’S START TALKING :wink:

6 Likes
  1. I’d feel REALLY upset.
  2. No. Unless for some special reason.
  3. Yeah, maybe.
1 Like

How would YOU feel?

I would feel FINE.

If that same person told you to recommend THEIR story when they didn’t recommend YOUR story, would you oo it?

Nope. My choice, and my decision.

If the person said that their not going to recommend your story, do you think that it was maybe because of the plot? directing? coding? art scenes?, etc?

All the hard work that I put into MY story is a accomplishment. If you don’t like to recommended it to others, THAT YOUR CHOICE & DECISION, I am not stopping you from not recommending it, if you don’t feel like recommending it, don’t recommend it, and I would say that it WILL kinda hurt me, but I don’t care, honestly.

3 Likes
  1. Probably sad, because I know that I must have done something wrong because they won’t recommend it. But I’ll accept their decision without making a scene.
  2. I only recommend stories I like, this has nothing to do with the other person recommending my story or not.
  3. I’d just ask them, because I really try my best in my story and if they don’t want to recommend it, then they hopefully have a good reason so I can improve.
2 Likes

ahh this is another good main one.

2 Likes

I would be mad ‘cause you know that’s really rude. There is no need to say that. If you don’t like someone’s story, don’t be mean about it. It takes a lot of effort to write a story on Episode and I applaud that. Maybe they want to give you some criticism to help you improve but flat out telling you “no, I’m not recommending this” is just plain disrespectful and a part of me wants to be rude back, but I know that it’s not the way that I would act. I want to treat others with respect and kindness. I might be a little upset, but overall, I’d move on ‘cause I have no time for writers who hurt other peoples’ feelings by saying hurtful stuff. I understand we all have diff tastes, but don’t be a bully about it. Also, it’s nice to support each other.

I could never-you told me you won’t recommend mine but you want me to recommend yours? UM, WHAT?! WHAT?! Bye…

I think it may have been because it’s not the type of plot that they would normally read and enjoy. I mean it could be because of directing (which I think is silly because in my opinion, I’d read and enjoy stories with basic directing and choices-it’s the storyline that draws me in). Like, I know that as writers, we all have are preferences. Maybe the story didn’t peak their interest because it didn’t include stuff that they would normally be interested in. Like one time, I was reading a girl’s story and she was reading mine and the reason why she didn’t want to recommend mine was because it didn’t have a generic ink bad boy lol (she’s a fan of those types of stories, and I prefer other types.) So yeah, it comes down to preference.

BTW sorry for writing so much :sweat_smile:
I want to say I’m extremely thankful that I have people who do support and recommend my stories-and omg another reason, some authors don’t recommend stories with little reads (it’s how it is sometimes). They’ll recommend stories with high reads only, but hey, they’re missing out :wink:

5 Likes

What’s your story so I can give it a read, you’ve read mine, I am now returning a BIG favor. :wink:

1 Like

It’s the Ice Skating Dream, and it’s ok you don’t have to read :wink: :revolving_hearts:

If you do, be prepared for lots of weirdness :flushed:

1 Like

I’m DEFINITELY GOING TO READ IT! I love weirdness, cause I am weird and I’m proud. :wink:

1 Like

Love ya and we are both proud to be weirdly cool :nerd_face: :revolving_hearts:

OK, I’ll end it here as I don’t want to end up off topic :sweat_smile: :rofl:

1 Like

same. Back to discussion. :wink:

1 Like

I’ve never seen anyone recommend any of my stories before so I wouldn’t be bothered :joy: If they said they weren’t recommending it for a reason e.g. they disliked it or thought the plot was rubbish etc I would be a little hurt but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I’m mean, if I had read it and I liked it maybe? But if it was someone random who said they read mine, disliked it and weren’t going to recommend it and they wanted me to reccomend theirs I would use some choice words.

I really don’t know. Every reader is different, there are for sure weaknesses in my stories but I really wouldn’t care what they disliked about it (I am open to criticism but if someone is rude it’s different), I’ve worked hard on my stories and don’t have to write them to suite individual readers.

2 Likes

1. How would YOU feel?
Nothin’. She’s not recommending my story? I don’t care. Hers is leaving off my recomendations though. Bye.

2. If that same person told you to recommend THEIR story when they didn’t recommend YOUR story, would you oo it?
This happened to me, not fully but maybe. She said she always supported me and I was “distancing” her when I was literally her #1 fan. I told her this was my fav story and she said “Thank you” and put basic ass stories in her recommendations. I don’t care if you don’t recommend it, but why are you saying I’m distancing you. Smh.
3. If the person said that their not going to recommend your story, do you think that it was maybe because of the plot? directing? coding? art scenes?, etc?
I don’t know. I thought “Maybe art style?” but it’s not that, directing? Impossible lmfao. Plot? She said she enjoyed it.

Not to be an ass or anything but she said she loved my story yet never supported me.

2 Likes
  1. Eh. I mean honestly if they feel like my story isn’t worth sharing, so be it. Tbh it may be because of poor plotting and directing, or just not their cup of tea.

2. I only recommend what I like.

3. Yeah. I’ll ask them what about it. If they just didn’t like my story plot then it’s not really my problem.

2 Likes

1. How would YOU feel?
I would not really care. Just because everyone has different taste and styles.

If she was rude or trashed talked my story the answer is NO. You want to be supportive and kind to others that way you can have people support your story.

3. If the person said that their not going to recommend your story, do you think that it was maybe because of the plot? directing? coding? art scenes?, etc? Sometimes it can be many reason. The person can be jealous. It can be it was not their taste. It can be many reason. But for one person, I would not bother. There are people on here. Sadly to say that are very selfish also like to hurt others and bring them down. Just because it has happened to me. I learned how to ignore the negative people.

EXAMPLE I had someone do a review for my story. All of the chapters she criticize now I am forward a person giving constructive criticism. But she used words like. This is stupid. This is annoying. I am starting to get so annoyed on this. Why is this like this. This is trash. I can not even recommend this garbage. My story only had 200 reads when she read it now I am at 11K and 2 months ago she messages me to please check out the remaining chapters of her story and help her out. That she sees I am very supportive. I just said to her. Sorry I can not you where very rude and nasty to me. And honestly I read your story and it was not even good. But I never put you down I only gave you positive points to help you improve your story. while you were very rude and nasty with me. So here is it what goes arounds comes back and bite you in the ass. While my trashy, Garbage story has gotten more reads hers is still in the 150 reads. Not trying to brag but we should never be rude or nasty to other authors because one day you will be needing them.

7 Likes

It’s gonna sting for sure lol. But honestly, their choice. If they’re rude about it without giving actual reasons, I just stop giving two shits about their opinion because it’s invalid to me.

Um, no. F off please.

A mix of everything. Though, I wouldn’t take them seriously if they don’t give constructive critism. I’m normally confident about my work but if someone points out something they don’t like, I wouldn’t feel salty about it either, as long as it’s legit.

2 Likes

damn right

1 Like

lanafrazer_episode:

1. How would YOU feel?

First of all, why in the blue hell would you say this to someone? If there is something that didn’t appeal to you then that’s fine. I don’t particularly like cliché “Pregnant by my brother’s teacher’s stepfather’s twin” but if someone asked for my advice I’d still read it WITHOUT bias. I would let them know what to improve on and if I LIKED their story, I would recommend it. I wouldn’t say I DON’T recommend if I don’t like it. You just calmly, kindly and respectfully advise them on the errors you saw in their story.

lanafrazer_episode:

1. If that same person told you to recommend THEIR story when they didn’t recommend YOUR story, would you do it?

Nah. I try to recommend stories based on what I like. But, if you were rude about it there’s no way I would even consider that. Golden rule :wink:

lanafrazer_episode:

1. If the person said that their not going to recommend your story, do you think that it was maybe because of the plot? directing? coding? art scenes?, etc?

It could be a number of reasons. My grammar really isn’t that bad. I may mistake their for there or put my commas in the wrong place sometimes. Directing is usually pretty good as well. I don’t know all the techniques of coding but I can do a lot of things in my script. I don’t have a lot of art scenes so that could be a thing that turns people off. But, if there’s something you don’t like TELL ME KINDLY. Don’t be rude to me, I have feelings too you know.

Wow, this is one of those very few topics that got me in my feelings :persevere::laughing: Sorry, if anyone thinks my responses are rude or aggressive. I was just excited.

4 Likes

lol, nope, your response is perfect. We all are here to say our opinions/views on this topic. :wink:

2 Likes

Depends on why tbh. I actually wouldn’t care

1 Like