Let's Talk About . . . September Picks

I just started reading Broke AF and the directing is amazing. Not to mention it’s actually rather funny, which is not always a given in the comedy section on Episode. I think I’m gonna like this one.

8 Likes

I love Living a Dream by @MystiqueEpisode but for some reason on episode 6 half way through it kicked me off and every time I try to re-enter the story to continue reading it comes up with an error. It’s been 4 days. Anyone else having this problem?

1 Like

Hi Sannii :slight_smile: I just wanted to say, even writers, such as yourself could make it up onto that shelf. If you really commit to your writing, your fans and make sure you promote your story regularly etc. You can achieve your goals. I joined the Episode community barely 6 months ago. Living a Dream is my very 1st story. If it can happen for me, it can happen for you. Best of luck! :blush:

2 Likes

Hi hun, I’m sorry to hear that. I can imagine it must be frustrating! Thank you for reading my story! There’s a glitch/bug on Episode that can cause this for some readers. You can try reinstalling the app, or if you’re up for it, do a replay of the story. Another option is to report this issue to Epside asking them to fix the problem. I really hope this gets sorted so that you can enjoy the rest of the story! :slight_smile: Unfortunately I can’t fix this problem as it is a glitch coming from Episode. Report Problem Link : https://pocketgems.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/200143963-Episode

3 Likes

Thank you! Will try that! Can’t wait to continue reading. Love you!

2 Likes

It’s my greatest pleasure, love :kissing_heart: You can follow me on instagram for more info on competitions, Q& A and updates on when new chapters get released if you want @episode.mystique

2 Likes

Totally would if I had Insta. Thanks for the offer though :joy:

1 Like

:joy: Haha no problem! :smiley: Have an awesome day!

2 Likes

You too!

2 Likes

uninstalling then reinstalling worked! Thank you so much,

2 Likes

That’s great! I’m so happy. Hope you enjoy the rest of the story!

2 Likes

Haha it’s happened on a small scale for me. I’ve written The Queen of Freaks, which has over 100,000 reads at the moment. I’ve never been on the picks and it doesn’t really bother me… I’m okay getting my readers through perseverance. I’m just very aware of the fact that Episode doesn’t support the good authors out there who aren’t already popular. I’m already a fan of EarlGreyTea and I love her stories, but because she was already featured, I don’t think people realistically need her to be on the picks. That should be for people who have good stories with less coverage — I’d love to discover other new authors like that!

I just think the picks should be about discovering new and underground talent, not promoting another story by the author of I Married a Prince and Back and Forth… both of which were not just popular, but also featured. She has 70+ million reads by her own estimation, so I think she’s pretty set for a fan base. I think Episode should be giving someone else a chance to be on their picks. It seems unfair to me that they’re using the space for someone who doesn’t struggle to get views, and I as a reader don’t need the September picks to discover her. She’s already done so much!

5 Likes

She’s actually started this thing where she promotes a story by an author lesser known than herself once a week… Episode should follow her example. :joy:

5 Likes

That’s amazing! Episode really should! It seems like they’re just too lazy to find five whole stories that deserve to be picked, so gave up and used a safe bet.

We know she’s good! She wrote featured stories pre-In My Bed/It Started with a Bra… what about someone else?

5 Likes

He bought followers from the same ‘company’ Paris Hilton bought hers, which is why he has Paris Hilton as a follower. I rather have real followers, who follow me because they love my stories, but each their own i guess.

8 Likes

I support Cindy and love Envy as much as everyone, but calling someone a sociopath without even knowing them in real life is not ok.

Anyways, back on the topic, I’ve only read “I married a millionaire” so far, really enjoying it. The author updates really fast too.

3 Likes

Well i think creating fake convo’s is a bit on the crazy side

2 Likes

Remain on Topic Please, or I will close this early

1 Like

Photoshopping fake convos and having your followers send someone hate/harassment is the definition of a lunatic.

If anything, maybe a nicer term would be pathological liar.

Honestly, even with a good story, any author who engages like that outside of the app especially with another Epi author deserves to be unfeatured.

Back on topic, aren’t featured picks supposed to be lesser known authors? Some of these are popular imo, would be nice if they were under 100k reads instead or even 10k :confused:

Is Broke AF good?

1 Like

There’s a new shelf up.

@Sydney_H you may close this :slight_smile:

1 Like