Let's Talk About Something

Honestly, this has been on my mind all day, okay, say that you are in school, and you see some teachers struggling with organizing paper work, cleaning classroom, marking books, carrying their work bags, etc. You are the teachers pet, always helping them, always making errands, etc. You are addicted to helping your teachers, do you think it will have a dark side? Like you have to stop helping them at some point and focus on yourself… What do you guys think? I always help my teachers with what they need, but I wont stop. I’m very addicted to it, and I can’t control myself.

3 Likes

I mean I understand, my math teacher and I are close and I’m always the teachers pet so I don’t mind

1 Like

Ikr.

Hmmmm I see I mean you’ll have to move on at some point especially if you change grades and don’t have them it won’t help them to only ever have you by their side because they won’t forever. And I don’t think there’s nothing wrong with doing that unless you’re starting to slip yourself with your grades then yeah you should stop and worry about yourself, but if you’re still passing and like to help when you can that’s great. Just to overdo it to the point where they think it doesn’t matter because they’ll have you do some things to help because really is that helping them be the best?

2 Likes

i don’t know. i’ve never been a teachers pet or close to teachers due to my lack of social skills. but yes, it could potentially have an impact depending on the person. positive or negative.

2 Likes

good points.

I’ve never been a teacher’s pet. Probably due to my anxiety.

1 Like

I’ve always been the teacher’s pet unintentionally. I mean, you kind of just get used to it after a summer that you don’t have to help somebody out. Idk how to explain it

1 Like

yh its kinda hard to explain.

1 Like

You’re addicted to helping your teachers? Ok.

I wouldnt say theres anything wrong with that. As long as your teachers dont take advantage of the help you give them.

I work in a school district so I see how much teachers struggle. They definitely need help as much as they can.

3 Likes

Not fully addicted, but like a bit addicted to it.

I’ve been a teachers pet before but not even because I helped them just cause I don’t give them any shit and get good grades. But I would definitely give them some space, they know how to take care of themselves and it’s not your job to look after them 24/7

3 Likes

yep, fact

1 Like

:joy::relieved::relieved:

1 Like

lol, its like “I Aint Your Mama!” XDDD

2 Likes

Definitely! If they can’t take care of themselves they can’t take care of you, which is what teachers are supposed to do!

3 Likes

yep!

1 Like

it is not been a teachers pet it is been a good person.

1 Like

alsoi have been the teachers pet. i was always the who pertisipated in class and talked. this was in univeristy though. i was kinda the only one who cared about be there

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.