Let's talk about story description

I feel like the bio description is way too shorttttt personally. Like I was writing a bio description for my new story, and bare in mind that it’s not that long at all, but I reached the limit and I was soooooo mad!!! But we still love you Episode but please make it, a little bit longer… please :weary: :weary:.
But hey maybe is just me.

4 Likes

It’s totally not just you- I hate writing descriptions because they are SO short. More complicated storylines are harder to tease in such a tiny amount of words lol

4 Likes

Totally agree! You have to be choosy with what you write cause every word counts :woozy_face:
I think I’m decently good at writing descriptions and keeping them under the limit, but it usually takes me a while to do so cause I’m constantly changing words, and switching lines around while keeping track of the count :skull:

1 Like

You gotta be tenacious with your story description. For a beginner, that definitely isn’t easy.

1 Like

YES. Sometimes even a few letters of space would’ve allowed me to write my ideal story desc. I really hope it can be longer too lmaoo

1 Like

I agree, it is short and can be incredibly frustrating when you’re so close to writing the description you want.

Here’s a feature req you might be interested in supporting though?

2 Likes

We totally need it to be longer!

1 Like

It really is too short for a traditional description like you would find on a book jacket… It’s more consistent with the length of a logline for a TV script (which is essentially the barest description of your episode like : Kelly discovers the portal and enters a magical realm and must find her fairy godmother.

Instead of “In the mystical world of CookieLand where secrets and subterfuge seem to have taken over this land and the kingdoms are under attack --Kelly Bobblehead must face off against friend and foe to save the kingdom that she was smuggled out of as an infant” blah-blah).

I wish they’d make the length long enough for a traditional description.

1 Like