Let's talk about the Double Life Contest ❀

Hi everyone,
So for everyone who has or is planning to enter the DB contest…What are your thoughts? Feeling the pressure yet? What’s on your mind?

I for one, am entering but 8 episodes in 18 weeks seems…a lot? What do you all think?

14 Likes

Not entering unless I really brainstorm. But I think if you have your plot carefully thought out it will be much easier to enter. The coding shouldn’t take too long if you know what you are doing.

3 Likes

Same… but I’m using my unfinished, never-been-published R&R entry for this so hopefully I’ll have more time.

4 Likes

Now, not getting pressured just yet. I’m still working on a plot, and planning. So, going to take a while. I’m still thinking whether I should join or not. But, let’s see how this goes.

2 Likes

Well I was writing a story that fits the theme perfectly, so I guess it’s easier, but I’m very slow and there’s thousands of lines I use://

2 Likes

That’s amazing. Maybe try getting a partner who is faster if you are willing to share it with someone. :woman_shrugging:

maybe. maybe :thinking:

that’s sounds like a good idea. But wasn’t the R&R contest shorter, and now you decide to enter a longer episode contest? :joy: Just a question, and im curious why the change of heart? :thinking:

1 Like

Because it fits the contest theme perfectly and I really want to use this opportunity when I can. My R&R entry was kinda about taking a risk to live a double life…

oh okay :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I have an idea for the contest but I’m a really slow at coding and writing and stuff and I have school so idk I just think I won’t really have the time but I think I might try 🤷😅

2 Likes

you and me both!

1 Like

Classic prompt but obviously doesn’t mean it’s bad. I like it.

I think 8 episodes for 18 weeks is fine, they give us 8 weeks for 3 episodes so it’s basically the double of it. I really recommend everyone to keep their episode length to minimum 'cause retention counts for all episodes, and most people will not read 8 episodes of 20 minutes. (before the retention deadline passes)

1 Like

I was thinking 10-13 minutes…would this be alright? By thousands of lines I mean because there’s a lot of advanced directing and overlays :woman_shrugging: + the CC and hair & lip shade options…

2 Likes

Yes, I personally think 10-13 minutes is perfect for contest entries.

1 Like

okay, thanks for the feedback :clap:

1 Like

So I have an old story I never publish, I am gonna try and see if I can finish it to the contest, but if not then I won’t enter.

2 Likes

I want to but like 8 episode is a lot and I don’t really have an idea.

1 Like

The 8 episode thing is making me nervous and not want to do it. But I might give it a try. I have an idea in mind.

2 Likes

Me too, but I say go for it! It’s worth shot anyway :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes