Bloodlines by Andi
Bound to You by lupe.writes
A beautiful chaos by PL
The Treasure of San Janier by Coni B.
Among Us by Pamela C.
A Dreamers Purpose by Kenia
The Love Scam by Layla Vex
Loud Love by MJ

Does the story fit the shelf, is it complete? Does the cover represent the story, would you reread? Who is the audience for the story, do choices matter, is the summary misleading, does it fit the genre?

I am proud to say, once again I read a story before the shelf.

I read Loud Love by MJ, but the INK version and I’m not sure if there is differences. I did not notice any Central America / South America etc characters, but then again I wasn’t looking out for them. I’d def recommend the story for someone who wants a slower pace story to build greater char development. This story wasn’t connecting to me, and I haven’t finished it so I don’t know if the ending is plot twisting, etc.

I will be reading the I.T Girl by A.T, as I adore comedies.

The Love Scam is the only one I’ve read from this shelf. I read it back in Jan/Feb for the spotlight contest.
Does it fit the shelf?
I guess so? I just read the description for the shelf and it said this is showcasing Latinx authors in the community, but idk anything about the author’s culture/background tbh, so I’ll take their word for it.
Is it complete?
No. And it’s pretty slow updates, but it’s well worth the read regardless.
Cover represent the story?
Yes… Although when I first read it I didn’t understand what the cover was until I got up to that point in the story.
Reread it?
Not at this stage, since it’s fairly early on in the story still.
Audience?
Um, I’d say anyone could read it and would probably enjoy it… But then I remember it’s in spotlight, so the audience would have to be anyone who doesn’t mind spotlight since there are so many people I know will refuse to read it because of that.
Choices matter?
Yep.
Summary misleading?
Not misleading, but I think what’s happened so far in the 5 episodes would also not be what you expect to happen based off of the summary either…
Fit the genre?
Well of course. It was a contest entry for the spotlight on love, so absolutely it is romance!

I just absolutely love how many stories from Latinx authors and/or with Latinx characters Episode had put on the shelf this time. Looks like Border Town had inspired it

Perhaps, I do believe that they announced the Latino shelf during while the contest was going on, and Border Town had not won yet.

They did.
This shelf is for National Hispanic Heritage Month which began today (Sept 15) I believe, so I don’t think the shelf was inspired by any particular story.

Oh, I didn’t know about the month.

Anyways, I’m reading both the Love Scam and the I.T Girl.

Does the story fit the shelf, is it complete?
While I’m not as sure about The I.T Girl, Love Scam’s MC and one of the LI are both Latinx. I’m also assuming they are both written by Latinx authors. They however are not completed yet.
Does the cover represent the story, would you reread?
I’m not as far into both stories to know exactly, but at least both have the MCs front and center (sorta for Love Scam). Again, I’m not sure on reread-ability yet.
Who is the audience for the story, do choices matter, is the summary misleading, does it fit the genre?
Both seem to be for general/teen audiences, at least for those patient enough to read through long chapters. Choices matter for Love Scam definitely for character relationships, but I’m not sure for I.T Girl. The first couple of chapters are basically exposition/set-up for their summaries, but so far they are not misleading.
Love Scam definitely a romance/drama, while I see more the I.T Girl as a comedy combined with drama

bump

:clap: The :clap: Forums :clap: Wanted :clap: Diversity :clap: Shelves :clap: So :clap: Like :clap: Support :clap: It :clap: By :clap: Reading :clap: The :clap: Stories :clap: On :clap: The :clap: Shelf :clap:

I read The I.T. Girl by A.T over the span of two days because, holy cow those episodes are long A.F. (not like a boring long, but like a good long. Really sucks you in.) One could argue that they are a bit long. Episode 1 is short I assume because of the old-max line limit and CC.

Does the story fit the shelf? : I didn’t notice any Latino Characters in the story, but I could tell that the characters (from background to main) all were from different races without the author telling me. It’s likely I overlooked some.

Cover? : I’d say yes.

Would I reread? : Honestly, I’m super tempted to reread just to nail those damn math problems. It was like Midnight, and bruh, I got 3/4. Super salty.

Audience? : I think the audience would be drama-comedy lovers (as mentioned in another post). It’s nice because most of the comedies are rom-coms or cute-comedy. This is different, and I really liked the jokes between all the characters. I think my favorite was in episode three when the MC is like ‘I need help getting dressed’ and all the characters raise their hands, “No, I need someone who hasn’t had 3 drinks today, got up before 3pm”- slowly all hands go down xD. (The boyfriend rapper is pretty funny too.)

Summary? : I’d say yes? I don’t recall it on the top of my head.

Genre? : Yeah, I’d say it’s a comedy. It’s a different kind of comedy- like interaction comedy? I don’t know how to word it besides how the characters interact with each other is hilarious. ’

I’d recommend this for a good relaxed read for comedy lovers. I think episodes took about 20+mins so make time for that.

bumpth

I also got into A Dreamer’s Purpose just now, so there’s that
Does the story fit the shelf, is it complete?
Even though 5 chapters have been posted so far, I’ll go out on a limb and say they are long and plot-heavy. The author said in her own words about how this story is semi-biographical, so it does deal with Latinx identity and a couple other race/culture issues.
Does the cover represent the story, would you reread?
Just beginning to read this, I’m not sure yet on both questions - even though it is quite interesting. Who is the audience for the story, do choices matter, is the summary misleading, does it fit the genre?
General/teen, as a plot-driven story it is so far linear, however it allows the reader for English or Spanish text, the set-up I’ve read so far so not yet, but something tells me it’s going to be very drama-filled (even though it’s considered a Thriller in the app, maybe something would happen?)