Let's Talk...Black Men

That’s how a lot all the black guys I’ve known at my school are like that. They all say they can’t handle a black girl because all black chicks aren’t crazy and it hurts when I hear that.

5 Likes

Being a black man, I guess the one thing I constantly see overlooked is mental health. I would feel bad. Really bad at times and you can’t really talk about it with other guys because of “tough it out” mentality. Definitely can’t talk about it with my father.

5 Likes

I talked about this in an event I went to. We have such high expectations for men that they can feel overwhelmed and feel forced to be obligated to be so. I’m sorry. I know it must be hard.

3 Likes

I’m definitely better than I was when I was in college. But times, like this, it gets hard after certain triggering events.

It really is exhausting pretending to people you’re ok when in fact you’re the exact opposite.

3 Likes

Men can be vulnerable. They have feelings. But society have rather filled you up to these “manly standards” and the expectations without realizing what it truly is: you being you. Its emotions which we all have. A lot of issues are overlooked for men. Its stupid.

4 Likes

Can’t relate because the only black guy I know is my brother and he’s 10 but I wanted to comment so I get updates :joy:

6 Likes

I agree that black men have it hard. however, people who sexually assault/drug/rob people should never be disregarded for their crimes or have their actions justified but yet soo many people on the internet do that… also, I heard about how this girl lied about a black guy raping her and he got some years or months in jail. there needs to be more awareness about how unfair/racist judges are. also, this is general, but I hate how men get disregarded/mocked for SOO many things. like getting raped, mental health, etc

5 Likes

Is it harsh to wish that old people with a lot of money drop dead so they can just stop spreading around their bad ideas and bribing people to do stupid stuff :thinking:

4 Likes

it’s harsh but :woman_shrugging: it’s a way for them to stop spreading around their dumb standards and opinions (gay marriage, anti-abortion, racism, etc) not suggesting murder. please for god’s sake never do that

2 Likes

also, speaking of gay marriage. who else has seen black gay couples as protest for equality? me? nope.

1 Like

I’ve honestly never met a gay black guy. I mean my other half uncle is gay but I never met him before.

5 Likes

How dare you?!

I would never murder an old person!!!1!1!!1

But fr most of their ideas are things they can’t even back up or actually care about, its just stuff they spit out just to say it

Like sometimes my grandfather goes on about how all #MeToo girls are lying and I’m like 🤦🤦

EDIT: um yeah some of them are actually horrid witches but cmon man how many people are lying about being assaulted?

3 Likes

Wait nope never mind this black dude at my school who is honestly the most handsome black dude I ever met well not that handsome my man is still number 1 :relieved: but anywhooooooooo he’s really sweet and I think gay :thinking: but we don’t talk at all unless I’m saying hi

4 Likes

same usually it’s just white people lol. but they do exist :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

They probably don’t come out because of stigmas in the black community with gay people (read:men) and mental illness and all that crap

5 Likes

Right now Ik a lottttt of gay white guys. I still feel like that’s just another thing that generated from the hood and whatnot I mean you don’t meet a lot that are openly gay really. Especially since the stereotypes for black people are also super religious or black guys just really hittin it with the ladies why do I talk like that sometimes?! :rofl:

4 Likes

And no one’s going to cut religion because everyone is insecure about their inevitable death and they need comfort?

Honestly other than religion, “it’s just GROSS,” and that whole breeding argument there really isn’t a reason to be soooOoo against people who like the same sex

Edit: And aids. Some dumbass always brings up aids.

3 Likes

Right but hey what can you do some people are raised in it and surrounded by friends saying that and people just wanna be accepted so they just kinda go with the flow.

2 Likes

They deserve so much better than what they have.

5 Likes

My opinion:

Some black men ain’t shit but that goes for any other race. I think this… hate that comes from our women (especially dark skinned black women) is from the built up rage of the shit black men say. To be honest I don’t blame them. But I’m not saying it’s right

5 Likes