Letting the audience choose their name

I used the script template and it all looked good, I was able to “choose” a name and customize the character. However, when I actually go forward whenever the character speaks it just says “YOU”.

@iamtheabbz12 can I see a pic of it?

Hello @iamtheabbz12! This is Camelost and we welcome you to the Forums!

This topic was created in the wrong category, so I moved it for you! Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial so you’ll know where to correctly create topics. Thanks, and again, welcome to the Forums! :sunglasses:

This is your basic naming function: input What’s your name?|What’s your name?|Done(NAME)

So if you name your MC YOU (in the display name section of character creation), then put YOU in the function and the readers chosen name will appear on the speech bubble

ie.
input What’s your name?|What’s your name?|Done(YOU)

To call the character name, put the name you use in brackets as written in the function.

ie.
CHARACTER
Are you going to the party, [YOU]?

YOU will appear as the character’s name that the reader chose.

NOTE: The web previewer can not remember pass choices such as customization and typed choices. The mobile previewer will also not be able to remember a choice without you playing through it.

Thank you! If I want each chapter to use their name what do I have to do?

The name will carry over to each chapter, you just may not be able to see it in the previewer.