Letting the reader pick their MC

So I just read a thread about people being annoyed on how there’s not many boy MCs (which I agree on).

I really wanted to make an option in my story where the reader can pick which MC they want, however in all honestly I’m still kind of new to coding and I’m not amazing at it, and I’m afraid it’ll be too advanced, however I do want to try, and if it doesn’t work out then it doesn’t work out that’s life

Does anyone know how I can do this? Or can anyone link any tutorials (I cant find any)

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi! I agree with you as well!

I’m going to speak for me when I say it’s not that complicated to do both branches; it just takes double the time. So it pretty much depends on the amount of time you are willing to put into the branches.

But I’m sure your story will turn out amazing :heart:

1 Like

Here is a guide for you which I find very helpful, however, I can only agree on the fact that it’s pretty hard to do both and you have to keep in mind that you can’t just copy and paste the same dialogues and have to write everything of the MC twice :blush:

It’s not as hard as everyone thinks to make both, and yes you can just copy and paste the same dialogue twice, AND it doesn’t take double the time! I have three variations of LI genders in my story, and I would say it probably only takes me an extra 30-45 minutes per episode to code the bisexual and lesbian branches. I would think that it would take slightly longer to do a gender customizable MC since they would be in every scene. Here is a post I did about how I do my branching in regards to gender:

If you have any additional questions, I’d be happy to help!