Lgbt thoughts in stories

As a member of the lgbtq+ i really am thankful that more authors are giving the option to have a female or male love option but what I’m curious about is if you’d prefer it to be strictly gay or lesbian? Or is having the choice to pick important to you?

6 Likes

personally I don’t mind having a choice or not. As long as the story is written well, meaning that they don’t over exaggerate on how the lgbtq community acts.
EX: all gay men are fem or lesbian women are manly.
yes there are some cases like that but not all lgbtq people are like that.
idk if that makes sense.

1 Like

yeah sure. I’ve seen too many where the gay character is the side best friend whos yaaass queen. Those are fine but i wish theyd be portayed a bit more maturely sometimes too

2 Likes

Exactly. Don’t get me wrong, I love it, but there are some many different personalities.

sometimes it seems authors put them in just to be “Hey look i have diverisity” and people eat that up but you can tell when an author means it or not

1 Like

Exactly.
I also hate when people say you don’t have diversity because some characters are not flamboyantly homosexual. But to each their own.

right. people dont realise theres so many different types of gay men/women/people

1 Like

FINALLY! I’m not alone.

1 Like

would be concerned if it was just you who thought that way

1 Like

omg tell me why my stupid self is confused on the what the question is i- :joy: :woman_facepalming:t4:

its just like do you prefer the choice of choosing your sexuality or would you prefer to be the sexuality the author intented for the characte?

I am pansexual, only thing I care about in relationship is personality

as for episode. its a story, I am not dating that person. i dont care, what I care about is good stories

2 Likes

yeah same

1 Like

I would love to read a story where the LI is nonbinary and uses they / them pronouns. Or even if the LI is trans. That’d be nice

1 Like