LGBTQ and proud

First of all, I’m not a millennial. Second of all, I am bi, and it is a real thing. I’ve felt attraction to both males and females. There are many others who feel attraction to whoever they find attractive regardless of gender. Scientifically, we can’t change who we are, and your disbelief in it is astoundingly ignorant.

It is NOT a meaningless entity. LGBTQ+ is a community. We, unlike straight people, have felt oppression and discrimination for years and still do. We have felt confusion about our identities at times. We have felt unsafe about our identities at times. We’re finding acceptance with each other, we’re finding others we can talk to, others we can connect with, not ‘broadcasting our sex lives’. And if you don’t care, avoid us. It’s not that hard. Whoever a community member is in bed with has no importance to us. We don’t care about each other’s sex lives, we care about each other and you just seem to be unable to accept that.

Being who we are doesn’t make us attention seekers. Again, we are here to find community in each other and we are who we are and all your negativity can’t change that. As someone who has tried to change who she is as a result of negative forces, believe me when I say I can confirm that we are NOT attention seekers, and we are who we are.

If you don’t like this community, don’t spread negativity in it. Easy!

Au contraire, it’s a violation of the rules here.

You’ve called us attention seekers, you’ve told us we are fake and unnecessary. You specifically told us nobody cares, exaggeration or not, you said it. And as @brvnda said, you are being off-topic in this thread, the intention of which is pride, not hatred, and your comments are inappropriate considering the members of the community they target.

It’s okay to have an opinion. It’s not okay to be hurting community members and calling who they are invalid. If you have an issue with who we are, keep it to yourself and stay off threads like this please.

With that, consider yourself reported by me :slight_smile:

10 Likes