LGBTQ+ Wedding attire!

Hey guys! I have a family wedding coming up and my extended family doesn’t know I’m trans (not sure they’ll ever be comfortable with me being lgbtq+ so I’m not out to them rn). Anyone have suggestions on suits that are feminine? Where I would buy one? I want to look femme but still appear masculine to my extended family since I’m still in the closet to them.

8 Likes

I don’t know where to find one, but I would suggest maybe trying a romper with a jacket, or something similar to that.:thinking:

2 Likes

I might try that! Will definitely feel more comfortable in something like that versus a suit.

1 Like

That’s expensive… but I wish! I kinda want to wear a rainbow accessory just to be a little more me. Maybe even a trans flag pin or something.

3 Likes

Especially want to wear a pronoun pin bc I’m sure I’ll be misgendered and called he / him way too many times. Might make it too obvious though. Kinda gotta balance it between being myself and staying in the closet

2 Likes

of topic, but if you wanna start to gentle break the news, you can always start talking about LGBT stuff, like hey have you seen lil Nas new music video Montario,(properly not the best idea to show them this)
I found this youtuber, who is trans, look at this fun tiktok there is about LGBT,

just small things there make your parents start puzzle it togheter, it also make a good way to see their reactions and know if you can come out to them or not.

3 Likes

Thanks! Not my wedding, a cousin’s wedding but hopefully it’s fun.

2 Likes

My parents are actually super supportive of me. I’ve been out to them and they’ve been awesome about my identity and sexuality. This more grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles that are less than welcoming when it comes to lgbt+. My mom recommended I not come out this wedding though.

4 Likes

Okay, thats amazing, but I do agree, comming out at the wedding might not be the best idea, the day is suppouse to be about those who get married, and you will steal the spotlight,

I heard stories of people who lose it because someone propoced or anouce a baby at their wedding,

2 Likes

Yep. Which is why I’m currently trying to find a super gender neutral outfit with some feminine flair and am preparing to be misgendered. Won’t be fun, but I actually do like my cousin so I’m prepared to try and make it a good day for him.

5 Likes

Montero is a great song tho :woman_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

Yes, :heart:

1 Like

I read some of the comments and I think a suit with the pin would look good! Suits are more normal for all genders now so this wouldn’t instantly out yourself and adding the trans flag or a pronouns pin would make you feel more like yourself :relaxed:

3 Likes

You should wear whatever what makes you confident and don’t listen to people who make negative comments about what your wearing.

1 Like

Maybe you could wear a suit in a typically “feminine” colour? and I think the pronoun badge is a good idea :))

Anyways, I’m sure whatever you choose to do will work out fine and good luck!! :))

4 Likes

This might be to much but you could go all out and wear a rainbow tie or somethingth (3)
I also read some of the other comments and thought the idea of wearing a pin and a more feminine colored suit .
th (1)

Whatever you decide you will look great! Good Luck!! :rainbow_flag:

4 Likes

Maybe you could wear something like this with earrings or a more feminine chain?

Weddings from where I’m from are done differently than the rest of the world, so I’m not really sure if this is too informal. Sorry :((

3 Likes

that is not formal at all

1 Like

Oh, I’m sorry.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.