Lia's Plot Development and Planning Workshop (For authors who need help with plot planning or characters)

Hi everyone and welcome to my plot planning and development workshop!

So I love developing plots, creating character descriptions and backstories, and all that fun stuff and decided that maybe I could help other people start planning or get a more in depth overview with their stories!

I would basically be here to help you guys with whatever you need, whether that’s an extra opinion on a plot point, help creating more complex characters, backstories, etc.

please note that I will not help with the actual coding process. I will answer your coding questions, beta read, give scene suggestions, etc. but I will not sit down and code your story for you.

Rules:

• Please be patient when waiting for replies. I will be helping several people with developing plots, and I have school and my own story. I will be on at least once a day so I will reply, just maybe not immediately
  • Please be respectful. I am here to help you, so if you start getting rude, I will stop helping you :blob_hearts:
  • Help me help you. Giving me short and vague replies will not help me help you, and we will get nowhere. If I have a question give me the best response you can so that I have a better idea of what you are writing
  • Tell me what your favorite color is in your application
  • Give me credit in the first episode! (you can just do this in a reader message) You only have to do this one time. That is not asking much so please just do it.

Application!

please enter everything that is applicable/that you know

• How far are you in planning your story?
  • What genre?
  • INK or LL
  • General Plot Description (if you have one already)
  • Are you planning on using advanced directing? (custom overlays, etc.)
  • What do you want help with (character development, plot planning, in depth episode planning, or everything)
  • Go to the rules section for the last requirement

I will contact you when I am free! I will only be helping a few people at a time but I will get to you as soon as I can

Currently helping: Megan and Brianna (3 spots left for now)

6 Likes

Hiya,

• How far are you in planning your story? I have a cover ready & the plot is based on the cliché, enemies to lovers but it’s got a twist by adding fame/celebrity life (:
  • What genre? Romance/Drama
  • INK or LL? LL
  • General Plot Description (if you have one already) It’s not character limited but here =
    MC is an orphan and has been for as long as they can remember, this one person (the LI) has never gotten along with them. They have taken every chance they could to embarrass the other in some way shape of form but one day the LI took it too far. What will happen as a result of the LI’s action? What will change?
  • Are you planning on using advanced directing? (custom overlays, etc.) Maybe a mini game or two (I have access to some templates for them already) (:
  • What do you want help with (character development, plot planning, in depth episode planning, or everything) A background story on why they were enemies, an extra opinion on current plot & any suggestions to help improve it (:
  • Go to the rules section for the last requirement = Dark Red

Extra Details =

The Story Has =

• Full CC of MC & LI
  • Body CC of MC & LI (I may not be able to add plus size due to complex coding)
  • Reader chooses MC’s gender (Male/Female)
  • Whichever gender isn’t the MC, will be the LI (Male MC = Female LI/Female MC = Male LI)
1 Like
  • How far are you in planning your story?
    I’d say pretty far, but I am still stuck on some stuff!
  • What genre?
    Drama, some romance.
  • INK or LL
    LL!
  • General Plot Description (if you have one already)
Summary

As young teenagers, Ellen and Andrew are inseparable, Andrew the “rebellious teenager” and Ellen the “golden girl.” They’ve been with each other through thick and thin. But actions have consequences, and eventually Andrew’s mother sends him off to boarding school. Desperate to find a way to be with him again, Ellen gets involved with the wrong people and slowly destroys herself in the process. After numerous attempts, Ellen finally gets sent to a boarding school, but at what cost? She has lost everything. After a few dreadful years, Ellen is suddenly brought back to her hometown to finish her senior year. There, she is surprisingly reunited with Andrew, but there is already another girl in Andrew’s life. However, that’s not Ellen’s biggest problem. She must learn to face her demons and love herself once again as she is fighting for Andrew’s heart. But what happens when others begin to fight for hers?

This will probably change as I am fixing some things!

• Are you planning on using advanced directing? (custom overlays, etc.)
    Yes! Custom overlays/limbs, advanced zooms, etc.
  • What do you want help with (character development, plot planning, in depth episode planning, or everything)
    I kinda need help with a biiit of everything, I think I am making a lot of good progress but I am kinda stuck and just need some ideas!
  • Go to the rules section for the last requirement
    Burgundy :kissing::point_right:t4::point_left:t4:
2 Likes

bumpity bump :sun_with_face:

Moved to Share Feedback since this is about story ideas. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

1 Like

Bump!

1 Like
  • How far are you in planning your story? Did not start the story (stuck)

• What genre? Romance

• INK or LL= LL

• General Plot Description (if you have one already)= Ivanita is an assassin, best woman fighter. Only her twin brother and 2 best friend know bout that… She go to high school even tho her dad didn’t want that cause he is a mafia boss!! Everyone thought that The defeater was a man who was very powerful and good !! People didn’t know that the defeater was Ivanita… and then a boy named Xolio soon to be mafia boss with powerful father and Xolio will go to the same school as Ivanita …They will have to stay together because their family will work together.

• Are you planning on using advanced directing? (custom overlays, etc.)= maybe

• What do you want help with (character development, plot planning, in depth episode planning, or everything) = Everything

• Go to the rules section for the last requirement= Blue, black, purple and red.

I could really use help developing my main characters so thank you for this!

How far are you in planning -

I have my basic plot but it was quite rushed as I want to enter it into the newest contest

Genre -

Romance/Drama

INK/LL -

LL

Plot description -

A young student who once had dreams of persuing acting has to take the risk of moving in with a stranger (famous actor/singer) to help pay for her sisters medical bills. The end deal is them having to get married.

Are you planning on using advanced directing?

Yes (points, picking gender LI and MC)

Where I need help -

Developing them into loving characters so they are not boring. I also want to explore personalities for example I have made my character a “I have stick up my a*s” character and need help on showing that side of them.

last requirement -

Pink

Hello!
I’m finished with planning the basic plot idea and all that. It stresses me out to do everything all at once, so I usually make up a few minor plot events as I write. I’m currently on episode one. I’m finished with the intro (I just need a few finishing touches and the cover.)
-Drama with some romance/mystery (and hints of comedy)
-LL

Short Description

When a criminal saves your life in an attack, you have no choice but to help him. But your job as a police officer starts to get in the way. Will you choose your heart or the law?

Long Description (I came up with this one right off the top of my head, so please don't judge)

Sixteen years. Sixteen long years and twenty-eight-year-old Adrienne, a policewoman, is still hunting for her mother’s killer, refusing to believe that she died in a car crash. But even some as stubborn as Adrienne is starting to lose hope. In desperation, she unites with an unlikely ally- wanted criminal Ryder Jamison- to find the true villain and seek revenge, while falling in love with a special someone along the way.

-Yes, I’ve used a bit and I’m planning on using more.
-Character development of my main character. Adrienne/(pick name) is stubborn, speaks without thinking, and has a very slight reckless vibe. Despite her sense of humor, she is haunted by the death of her mom. She has a treble clef tattoo in remembrance of her mother, who loved music. Adrienne is kind of hyper; she’s like a kid but not. For someone so hyper, though, she also really likes naps. I’m having trouble on her dialogue; she’s supposed to be a very chatty person to cover up how she feels on the inside (and she’s really good at it) but instead, always seems to be sad. I can’t figure out how to display her talkativeness without it being “too much” or “too little.” Keep in mind she also needs to be stubborn and slightly reckless! I’m in need of some phrases she can say while she’s happy, or upset, or angry, or sad/other.
-My favorite colors are salmon pink, sky blue, lavender, silver, gold, and teal.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.