Like, stop telling black people that whites were slaves too then say that whites did not complain so we should not

Links to info on Irish slave trade

https://www.globalresearch.ca/the-irish-slave-trade-the-forgotten-white-slaves/31076
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_slaves_myth

Like, stop telling black people that whites were slaves too and that whites did not complain so we should not.

Racists have used the Irish slave trade to promote racism against African Americans or claim that African Americans are too vocal in seeking justice. The Irish slaves “myth” has also been invoked by some Irish activists, to highlight the British oppression of the Irish people and to suppress the history of Irish involvement in the transatlantic slave trade.

IF the Irish slave trade happened

Like, stop telling black people that whites were slaves too and that whites did not complain so we should not
I’m not gonna lie, this is actually EVIL.

You see, people have actually said this and the worst part is, is that they are trying to say we should be silent because of it, THEN they say some white people were enslaved by the Arabs Which some of them were and that’s why you should not use it for racism, it’s an insult to them and the ones you are racist against, and they say that it was brutal and use that against blacks and you want to know why I say it’s evil?

Is because those white slaves were in pain, too!

And they are saying “Be quiet because they were” like how do they know and most of all they were probably FORCED to be quiet!

They were SLAVES, not free folk!

IF a slave spoke out, they may get beat up, it’s hard to fight for freedom, are you really gonna use their pain to keep others silent?

You are acting like their owners, you say they are not upset and that they were okay when they were not and you say they should not complain because when you say “They didn’t complain!” You mean “They should not, so why should you?!”

This was a meme they made about it and I hate they have memes to make jokes about this because this was serious!

Slavery is not a reason to be silent, slavery is a reason to stand up and they are using it as a reason to be quiet when it isn’t and never will be a reason.

The meme

th You see how sick this is?

The claims on the trade

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/irish-slaves-early-america/

Mixture
About this rating

What’s True

Like impoverished people of other nationalities, many emigrated from Ireland to the Americas in the 17th and 18th centuries as indentured servants; a smaller number were forcibly banished into indentured servitude during the period of the English Civil Wars; indentured servants often lived and worked under harsh conditions and were sometimes treated cruelly.

What’s False

Unlike institutionalized chattel slavery, indentured servitude was neither hereditary nor lifelong; unlike black slaves, white indentured servants had legal rights; unlike black slaves, indentured servants weren’t considered property.

Like… Why can’t they, us and others vent our issues?! WE SHOULD ALL BE ABLE TO.

Questions?

IF the slave trade was true, Why would they want to hide the Irish slave trade?

Well, why do they hates blacks? Why do they pit blacks against each other? Why do they pin us for crimes we didn’t commit, even if it would negitively effect the White victim they claim to care for so much?!

It’s all racism.
In Japan, Japanese women were forced on ships and made into war sex slaves a long time ago and the gov. gave them money.
No one wants to admit it happened so the gov. doesn’t look bad.

I will say that if anyone uses the Arab slave trade of anyone to TRY to make us black people feel bad about being activists, they are idiots because it will make us stronger and try to fight racism harder. That isn’t a reason to stop speaking out, I can’t believe somebody would use that but you know who would? Someone who never went through it and the brainwashed.

Why?

This may seem to be reaching to say this out loud, but honestly it needs to be said for some I guess.
The reason telling black people not to pout or be upset because another race had it worse or because another race went through but was said to not be “upset” when you know they were and I’m sure they’d make a ruckus in revolution, the reason is that it’d make them fight harder and if it was happening now they’d fight against it in the other country.

2 Likes

Spread that knowledge. I don’t know much about this history so it’s good to bring it up to have an open discussion :pray:t4:

6 Likes

Agreed. I feel like you don’t even need to know about history to know not to belittle issues in the world. It’s such a dumb way of thinking. It feels a little bit like a “my life’s worse than yours” mindset.

5 Likes

I mean yes a lot of people know white people have been slaves too. Honestly it’s really upsetting and annoying seeing people comparing which race has it harder. Everyone of every color has had hard times if you look back through history.

What’s going on now, should not be white people telling black people to calm down. People should be uniting against the injustice that happened to George and every other person wrongfully killed by police.

I don’t condone the riots and looting, which is getting all the media attention, while peaceful protestors get caught up in the mix. I do encourage everyone to speak up, and let you’re voice be heard.

1 Like

No, you don’t but having knowledge of history and presenting it with what’s happening in the present will only make your words that much stronger. If presented the right way!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.