[Limelight] But First, Coffee Shirts!

If they wouldn’t release a stuff, we wouldn’t have anything to work with, we wouldn’t be writing and they wouldn’t have source of their payments.

4 Likes

But hey, no matter of my honest opinion I wrote above, I wish to all episodians and to Episode Team
MARRY CHRISTMAS and BEAUTIFUL HOLIDAYS!

This release is small (crumbs) but worth.

3 Likes

:blue_heart: Thank you Episode for all of the work you do! :blue_heart:
:blue_heart: Happy Holidays and Happy New Year! :blue_heart:

3 Likes

I love how people try to control how people feel about this update.

Episode. Gets. Free. Money. From. Us.

It’s fair enough if people wanted more than barista outfits.

10 Likes

They created this platform and allow us to use their assets for our own stories, so I’d say that’s a fair trade.

3 Likes

And we both make the stories for them and read them, so they don’t need to put any effort in to make money. Not a fair trade.

2 Likes

They didn’t create this platform out of the goodness of their hearts. They created it because it means they could get free money. :woman_facepalming:t4:

2 Likes

Well, yeah, because they need to get paid. They have jobs. How many platforms do you know that actually allow users to freely create their own visual stories like this one? To a lot of us, it’s a creative outlet, to some, it’s work. Point is, they created something that now means a lot to many people. And it’s not like we have to pay them to read stories, either. Only gem choices. They’re listening to the community and are working to meet our needs. It could be worse.

4 Likes

Thank you for this! :sparkling_heart:

I think these are super cute thanks episode. I recomend hair styles next though.

1 Like

agreed. You guys really need to calm down. They will give us what we need very soon. Just be patient. Wow.

5 Likes

Thank you Episode! Enjoy the holidays and Merry Christmas & Happy New Year. These clothing look wonderful. :heart_eyes: @Liz

2 Likes

They did it TO make money, not to make us happy. We don’t owe anyone anything if they’re making money from us. They’ve already made a lot from us :woman_facepalming:t4: More than we’re getting.

It’s like “YAY Episode are exploiting people’s amazing story ideas for FREE. How nice of them”

4 Likes

Lmao, I never said that. First of all, you’re using their services for FREE. It’s not like Netflix, where you have to pay monthly. Second of all, the TOS already stated from the beginning that they’ll be making money from in-app purchases. If you don’t agree with it, I don’t know why you’re even here in the first place. I’m not trying to be mean.

2 Likes

In fact, it’s a simple equation. More assets, more happy consumers, more stories made, more stories read. That means they make more money.

3 Likes

I just…

episode tried creating hyped, they did. But it took them so long and they gave so little that the hype is dead now, they think its alive and well or sumn when in reality only 5 people are still hyped. We just want what they promised. -,-

4 Likes

Look. They’re making money from our stories, which means the least they can do is make it EASIER for us to make stories and give them free money. There’s nothing to be grateful for. If we’re unhappy, they lose money. No need to act like they’re being SO NICE. They’re getting a lot more out of this “symbiotic relationship” than we are. They’re just smart businesspeople.

6 Likes

Episode has created a business model where we are both creators AND consumers. As both, we are doing a lot of work to get them free money. They can help us and they’d get more. Nothing ungrateful about that.

2 Likes

Alright, I get your point. But I don’t think attacking them on this thread while they’re working to release the stuff we want is a productive or necessary move. So yeah.

If we don’t speak out, nothing will ever happen. For the sake of the diversity they promised almost 2 years ago, different lip colours should be a higher priority than barista outfits

5 Likes