Limelight Female Characters & Full Round Lips

Since Limelight’s lip release (also mentioning this also happened in INK just as much) a lot of Limelight female characters have the Full Round Lips on the avatars all the time. SO much to the point where some even call it the generic form, but why is that so many Limelight female characters have this look? Usually it’s on characters that you wouldn’t even expect to have those features.

Now clearly we can discuss outside trends, but each author on Episode is there own person. It’s not like this only happens in Episode featured Stories or something exclusive like only popular authors do that.

4 Likes

Why does every social media influencer immediately go in for lip injections as soon as they make enough money or have enough clout to get them done for free? It’s a trend in beauty and writers want their MCs to be beautiful.

Edit:
I do think the fuller styles are more legible when paired with bold colors and they look better (symmetrically speaking) on certain face shapes.

6 Likes

True, but this is not social media, you can have a good story and a pretty MC without the use of Full Round Lips. I was looking at it form more than one view. It’s not like other lips don’t stand out when customizing characters.

It’s just weird and ironic to see these features on certain main characters all the time in almost every story. The irony comes from not many people even having this feature in the first place, depending what the MC’s overall look is. for anyone that thinks im exaggerating go on Instagram and look up any episode edits etc. and you’ll see what I mean

5 Likes

Sure but you can be a pretty without full lips in real life, people still get injections (and they don’t always turn out well).

2 Likes

I always thought the full round lips in ink looked like botox gone wrong sorry lmao

5 Likes

Yeah, I don’t really get it. You have all these different options, why choose the most generic ones? I understand if you’re designing a character from a specific race that generally has larger lips such as black people. However, the cut of the mold look tends to be a white girl with blonde hair and ice blue eyes, with these lips. Come on people, add some diversity into your character creation.

9 Likes

They were the only full round lip option, so its not like we or authors had much of a choice, those INK lips could’ve looked better though.

True, I see it throughout Instagram and I question why some authors never step back and look at there character like…so, tan skin, blue eyes, full lips, straight? I won’t go on a huge rant, but what is that character suppose to be? It’s definitely worth noting.

2 Likes

Same xd

I am guilty for this. :computer_rage:
I just went back to my main character in my story and put every single lip shape on her. But they all looked, eh to me. I think that’s why I use the full round lips. To me it just looks more… natrual?? LOL Idk. Judge me I guess :joy:

Full Round

Full Wide

Small Heart

1 Like

Finally someone else noticed! I thought I was tripping.
Authors be like:

1)

“Hi :raising_hand_woman::wave:, I’m MC #076 :kissing_heart::two_hearts:, and I’m Not :no_good_woman::no_entry_sign: Like Other Girls™️ :two_women_holding_hands: because I like pizza :pizza:, I like to sing :microphone::musical_score: in the shower :droplet::shower:, and I watched :eye::lips::eye: football :scream::soccer: once (:point_up:). One time :one::clock1: I stabbed :smiling_imp::hocho: an old man :older_man::speak_no_evil: and stole :flushed::shushing_face: his kidneys :smirk::face_with_hand_over_mouth: because I’m quirky like that :woozy_face::crazy_face:

2)

“Hello, I am MC #253. You can tell I’m a NERD and I’m not popular because I wear GLASSES. Boyz think I’m ugly because I have FRECKLES and I wear my hair up :pensive: Woe is me :cry:

3)

“Hmph! I’m MC #478. I am stronk. I Don’t Have Feelings, and I certainly don’t have time to deal with your bullsh*t. I am unique because I Do Not Feel, and I have never fell in love because My FEELINGS Are DEAD. My heart was replaced by a stone, so I Can’t Feel Anythi-- OOuuyhaHhahhahH?¡¡¡!1??? I-I-i-iS tH-th-THAT a BOI??¿¿??? l00KiNg?? AT MEEEEEEEEEeeEeE??¡¿¡?¿?!¿!! HOOOOOOoOoohhhhGghgajwjls :dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face: OH!!! MY¿¿¡ gOd!!! I don’t even KNOW his name and I think??? I LOVE HIM!!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: i would STOMP an entire VILLAGE and eat the HEARTS of three THOUSAND!!! kitties if i spend just ONE SECOND away from HIM!!! :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

It’s like Ink all over again with the Upturned Feline eyes, the Elven/Soft Natural/Upturned noses and the Full Round mouth pandemic. While I do see the appeal, almost every MC out there ends up looking the same, and it gets tiring honestly. It’s like when someone chooses your favorite character in a fighting game and you end up with a crappy recolor of them lol

Ngl tho, I do end up with several characters looking the same, but at least they have different features to the ones favored by this trend :sweat_smile:

17 Likes

Society likes to appropriate features to try and make people and/or characters look eXoTiC. Meanwhile the same features on certain other people are trashed and described to make them feel ugly and/or animalistic :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

You know, I noticed these Limelight features got an uptick in use when Ink writers started switching over to LL more heavily. And, in a weird way, these characters do kind of look like the generic Ink girl turned Limelight. It has to be more than a coincidence.

4 Likes

To be fair, I make majority of my main characters look like me, in real life. Which, I’m African American with big full lips. Why other people who don’t have those features, abuses it? Is beneath me. However, I do try to switch it up because it gets repetitive after a while lol.

I agree with, Alpha.

9 Likes

Behold! The most Basic MC!

Name 1 drama/romance/comedy story that doesn’t have a character that looks like this!

Sorry to anyone who has a character that looks like this lmao I just shitted on you

1 Like

Lmao, I know my opinion doesn’t matter but like the full wide lips on her :stuck_out_tongue:

lol i understand why people only use that lip shape. no offense episode, but i really hate your thin lip shapes. i really hope they make better ones

1 Like

Also am I the only ones that notice that almost every single character has green/blue eyes in stories? like even though brown is the most common eye color, i only see a few characters with brown eyes compared to the 15 other characters with light eyes

3 Likes

LOL every single MC always has the same brows. Arched Natural :sob: :sob:

1 Like

As bad as it sounds, ideal facial features on your characters attract readers. This sounds bad, but considering there’s a majority of younger readers on the app, they’re not going to read your story if the main character is “unattractive.” By unattractive, I mean characters who don’t fit the beauty standard; hence the quotation marks. (Big eyes, big lips, small nose, etc.)

I’m not at all saying that I personally wouldn’t read a story if the characters didn’t have these features, but I know many other readers wouldn’t. If they’re not appealing to the eye, then people won’t want to read the book. Harsh, but I think that’s just how it works.

not that anyone asked but,,,

These are my main characters, I spent a good amount of time trying to perfect them. Although they’re sort of generic and do meet the beauty standards, that’s just how I made them idk lmaooo

1 Like

How could I forget! The Love Interest! Behold Axel McBadBoy

My dude needs to cover his armpits bruh they ain’t cute