[Limelight] Lets Get Down to Business

And then they shut down the thread and combine it with this one because we already have a thread talking about the new update.

5 Likes

They’ve got a life? Giving us assets is the 9/5 full time job they get paid for.

5 Likes

People don’t seem to understand that the Episode workers don’t do this in their spare time. This is their JOB. According to estimates, Episode makes between $20,000 and $80,000 a DAY.

That’s more than enough money to hire staff to give us updates weekly.

9 Likes

I agree.

But, let me add on… we shouldn’t be trash talking Episode’s updates, I know that people hate that they never put the character thing, and they have to script it themselves.

But, Episode is working on it, they’ll add everything later on, when Limelight is ready.

(TALKING ABOUT CHARACTER SCRIPT TEMPLETES)

2 Likes

I agree :slight_smile:

Sometimes I just wanna work there.

I disagree with this. Limelight has been out for long enough for them to give us weekly assets without a break… and when there is a break, there should be a good reason: a holiday, a massive update, issues.

They need to be transparent and stop lying to us.

No, it doesn’t take months to release a mole asset (one you can’t even see on darker skin tones). No, it doesn’t take almost a year to write a story.

If it is taking them months to do a mole or a single dress (and then just change the colours), they’ve got bad art software. Probably to cut corners and make more money. In which case, it’s probably better we go to a company that actually invests in producing assets to up diversity.

9 Likes

No, I’m talking about the character creator script template.

I wasn’t talking about assets.

2 Likes

I don’t want to be rude and I usually really appreciate your posts, but currently you are only spreading negativity. You made 47 posts in this thread (didn’t count it but I can see it above), so we all get your point.

6 Likes

I’m replying to what I think is necessary. Holding episode accountable for its practices and being accused of “spreading hate” for that is the exact reason capitalism is able to exploit people so easily.

This is a massive company earning more in a day than a lot of people earn in a year. Expecting weekly assets is really the minimum of what we should be expecting from them.

2 Likes

Really, Episode has the money to buy software that major gaming companies use.

If they’re chugging out assets so slowly, it’s either for one of two reasons:

1. Bad software
  2. Laziness

If it’s the former, then they really have the money to do better. They can afford good software to make their job easier and quicker.

And if LL is the updated style with better software than INK, what kind of archaic, outdated software were they using for INK? Was it from the 1600s?

Actually, my bad. There’s a third reason. They could be overworking a really small cohort of staff. In which case, they have the money to hire more people.

4 Likes

I disagree with Laziness.

Episode is working hard everyday, so why would they be lazy?
The Limelight new stuff comes out slowly because if they added it all in one big patch it’ll probably take a long time, in California there time is different, so perhaps… if they add it slowly it isn’t because Laziness.

When Episode didn’t add anything on one Thursday, they probably were helping out with reports, etc, but… Episode works almost everyday as I said, and if your going to say disrespectful things trying to say Episode is “Lazy.” It could get this thread closed.

As @episode.di said, it could get this thread closed if we argue about Episode.

I’m not defending Episode, but I disagree with what you said.

4 Likes

I’m not saying we should let them roll over us. That’s completely besides the point I’m trying to make. It costs nothing to be RESPECTFUL. Call them out on whatever you like, but there is a difference between being ungrateful and being criticising of their work. Some people don’t understand that difference.

I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. I don’t agree with episode’s update. I’m not trying to defend them. I’m pointing out the difference that a simple week of waiting can make. If the people in this community become so angry because episode released the assets that they didn’t want or weren’t expecting, then what’s the point in being in the community? It’s unnecessary and better points can be made other than “I pay them, so I want this.” That isn’t how a business works, I’m afraid.

There are other assets that are being worked on at this point in time and an update like this is to be expected. So I agree with you, don’t let episode roll over you with these updates, because yeah - it is your money, but it’s also a company run by people who will make mistakes. These mistakes may include releasing assets that were clearly not meant to be released, yet they did anyway because we would have kicked up a stink about not receiving anything for another week. If these assets were three hairstyles, I doubt it would have gathered the negative attention that this update did.

That being said, a week is not that long of a wait. It’s a free update, for a free app, usually every week. You are not obliged to spend your money. They can earn enough from the ad revenue itself. I’m still hoping that there’s a bigger update soon, and that this was just so that they didn’t leave us with another week of nothing.

I apologise if my previous response offended you in any way. That was not my intention.

10 Likes

I agree with this.

1 Like

The actual argument is: we pay them. We deserve regular updates, but as I said before; no ones giving them a shopping list. The problem is not getting two weeks of work after a two week wait.

The people who have a problem with criticism don’t know what episode animation actually takes. I’ve pointed out many comparisons throughout my argument: adding dots to premade character models is 3+ hours work maximum.

3 Likes

We don’t actually know how much Episode works.

All we know is how hard the moderators for the forums work. They aren’t actually transparent enough when it comes to their work process for us to know if they could work harder. Probably so they can get away with working slower than people updating an MMO

2 Likes

All I know is that more complex games update more regularly… and have more assets in their update.

I also have a good idea of how long it takes to produce assets in general - especially ones that don’t morph with facial expressions

There are three reasons that it could happen and I’ve given all three. Two of those are as a result of money, which Episode doesn’t struggle with.

1 Like

I agree with @LyraKeiken, you are not obliged to pay them. I’ve never paid a single penny to Episode and I can still read stories and write my own ones.

5 Likes

As you said, we don’t know how much they work, but still, Episode can’t be lazy if they are working for a free mobile game. But, we don’t know how much they work.

As I’ve said before, every member of the community who writes and isn’t on the Writers’ Payment is giving episode free money.

Every time you watch an ad, you’re paying episode.

6 Likes

That’s true, I never payed them either, So…

EXPLAINN