[Limelight] Lets Get Down to Business

Exactly! In fact, it’s worrying that so many people are telling anyone complaining that they have to let Episode get away with that kind of thing. The fact is that we don’t just read stories on Episode. If we were only watching stories and they were producing them, I’d actually not complain because then it would be a give an take relationship.

The fact that we make and read stories means we’re actually giving a lot more in this relationship than Episode do. They could at least give us regular updates.

7 Likes

I never said that and that’s not relevant to this discussion anyway. $75k was a very rough estimate.

I highly doubt that (maybe 1 or 2 but 50?) but anyway, again we’re speculating. Neither of us actually know.
Episode does seem a bit understaffed at the moment just in general- look at approvals and support requests. I would hope that if they had enough money in the budget to hire more people that they’d be doing so :neutral_face:

I didn’t say 50 extra staff. I said 50 staff in general.

Ah I apologise then, I read that wrong.
They do have quite a lot of staff, though? I have no idea how many but they seem to have quite a few different teams.

Most companies don’t. It’s much cheaper to overwork a small cohort of staff and keep higher net incomes for the higher up people. It’s also easier to hire unqualified interns at minimum wage than put in time and money to get someone good. Companies like Episode are money-making machines. They thrive on cutting costs as much as possible.

1 Like

plane
living
halloween|300x178victorian|300x178
These are only some of what I can tell. I don’t entirely remember, but I think these are some.
There are definitely more variations of these though

Honestly not sure, don’t really remember that one though so maybe?

1 Like

That’s not new.

Those are old I’m sure

2 Likes

Maybe.

A few different teams can mean 4 different teams of 5 people or 5 different teams of 10 people. It completely depends on Episode’s secret practices.

Plus, there are about 4 moderators for a massive forum. It says a lot in itself.

1 Like

Oh, absolutely. I play the Sims Free Play, and there’s only an update once a month. If we can create towns and people, take care of them, and earn Simoleons, then they give us updates to improve the game for their players. In turn, they’ll gain more players, based on how well the update works on a device.

… Do you get what I mean?

5 Likes

I haven’t seen the final one but I think the other two have been around for a while. I never know with Episode backgrounds, though, because they’re so badly organised.

6 Likes

My points are pointless?
How so? I see this as a fairly logical discussion tbh on both sides.
Anyway, I said I was out a long time ago but I stayed because the conversation seemed to be settling down and I just wanted to clarify my points (a couple of which were taken out of context).
I was basically done. Just because you didn’t like what I said didn’t mean you needed to tell me to stop talking :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure all three have been around for a while (not completely sure on the last one).

1 Like

Exactly! And the players they have will be more likely to spend money on in-app purchases! When I see that there’s a gem choice that’s new and unique, I’m more likely to get it. When it’s the same old stuff I’ve seen elsewhere, I’d rather not.

6 Likes

Yup! Like, “Positively Princess”. I don’t want to read that story, but the updates are really tempting me to do so. It’s almost like any other Episode featured story.

Seeing MidnightBlue1 mention backgrounds reminded me that… They could have released backgrounds. I mean, if their argument is that their assets aren’t ready, because they haven’t been tested thoroughly, or whatever… Then why not release backgrounds or overlays? I mean, we know they have several we don’t, and the process of releasing them really can’t be that hard, since any of us can upload our own backgrounds, and all we need is the art, so… It really isn’t about what they can or cannot do, but rather what they want or don’t want to do.

6 Likes

I’d just like to say there are plenty of FTP games that give much more than Episode does. You may not be able to name any but off the top of my head I can immediately name Tera Online, AdventureQuest Worlds, and Neverwinter. FTP games I’ve played and enjoyed myself. AQW actually getting dedicated once a week updates with unique outfits, stories, quests and enemies. It also even has a similar layer based animation and movement style to Episode, along with a similar, albeit much more complex and well implemented art style

So no. Episode doesn’t deserve the benefit of the doubt here

1 Like

If you’re talking about me, when did I ever say anything super argumentative or rude?
If I offended anyone with what I said, by all means please DM me privately or let me know? I’m just putting forth a different side to a discussion.

Anyway I am out now and muting this entire thread. I really dislike conflict. The only reason why I popped in was because I couldn’t bit my tongue anymore on a couple of things. Really meant no harm to anyone.

3 Likes