[Limelight] Props to you!

The cultural appropriation game is strong here. Americans calling tartan “flannel”. :roll_eyes:

11 Likes

It looks real good, but plaid and flannel come before you know. Kilts xD Of course, America

6 Likes

Can my boys tie flannels around their waist? :cry:

3 Likes

Thank you so much for this! I’m glad that the Limelight style is starting to grow. (Soon it might even be better than Ink!)

1 Like

I agree! It’s a shame “better than INK” isn’t that high of a bar :frowning:

5 Likes

Yay thank you

Speak them facts! I would prefer in they gave us actual tartan.

7 Likes

So it would be okay to take a sari into American culture, call it something different and pretend Indian people didn’t invent it? The pattern is distinctly Scottish and should be identified as such. In Scotland, different families have different colours for their tartan. Episode should acknowledge that the pattern is Scottish

9 Likes

But they never said it wasn’t Scottish? I feel like you’re just bashing them for no reason? I’m not going to disagree with you because Americans definitely steal stuff and claim it as their own, makes me ashamed to be born here, but it’s also a dumb thing to be triggered about? I’ve met some Scottish people before when I used to dance and they all called it flannel/plaid. It’s just a different name for it.

3 Likes

Actually, calling tartans flannel started with Welsh farmers, not Americans. They printed tartan patterns on flannel (the material) because it was warmer, then brought it with them when they emigrated to America, where it became a working-class thing. Many were also of Scottish descent, but it also spread to people who weren’t, which is something you can sort of blame English imperialism for.

Americans still take credit for it though, because of course they don’t want to acknowledge that immigrants contribute things.

10 Likes

Thanks for the info.

2 Likes

Exactly!

1 Like

The point wasn’t even the flannel part. My point (however poorly I may have expressed it) is that we don’t even know the material of the shirt, yet that’s more important than stressing it’s tartan patterned on the name? Weird

2 Likes

Excuse me, but I was commenting on the name of a piece of clothing that I disliked, which was very on topic for the discussion, since it was about said piece of clothing. However, I believe that calling people “little kids” is spreading hate. Please can we keep this about the “flannel”?

4 Likes

Topic temporarily closed due to excessive off-topic and disruptive posting. Any offending users may be silenced or suspended due to violations of the Forum General Rules Please review the Guidelines. before continuing to interact on the forums.

10 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 30 minutes.

I’m stealing that meme

4 Likes

Thank you Episode team! I’m absolutely in love with these props and jackets! Thank you so much, again! :heart_eyes::grin::kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Finally some new props!

Also everyone needs to relax

New update is released
Everyone: gets into a completely needless argument

Then the thread gets shut down like so. So if you don’t agree with what someone says please take it to a pm. Thanks!

4 Likes