Limelight Romcom recommendations without the usual tropes (PLEASE don't recommend your own)

this thread is something i need as well

Did you find any good ones? If so, do recommend! :slight_smile: From the ones recommended here, I’d recommend Toothbrush (though it dips a lot in comedy when the couple gets together) and Legally Clueless in case you haven’t read these. I also read Strictly Business and Competitive Edge, which aren’t comedies per se but there were quite a few LOL moments.

Erm, thanks, but it’s stated in the title that this is not for recommending one’s own stories…

1 Like

The Vet
Don’t remember the author

I’m almost scared to bump this again coz please don’t recommend your own - anyone read any good romcoms lately? The comedy element is important to me. I’m not interested in romance/ drama at the moment.

please don’t recommend your own

2 Likes

Hi :smiley:
Blind Date from @ColeCatalyst
Dare to Kiss from @TamiRose
Have you read Cool Fools?

1 Like

Hi thanks for the suggestions! Not yet. It’s been a while but I was actually looking for particular types of romcoms - LL, with CC options (limited is okay), one LI. I see Cool Fools is Ink. Will check out the other two.

1 Like

Let me see if I can get the link

The Best Stories Are Worth Sharing: Blind Date

Checkout this story, on the Episode App! If you like it, support the story by passing it along!

1 Like

Here’s a couple!

1 Like

Thanks for recommending :blush::heart:

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve read most or maybe all of Picallily’s work except that one. I’m actually looking for romcoms with at least some CC (Bad Medicine doesn’t have this, I believe), and just one LI.

1 Like

No problem. Bad Medicine should be one LI only, but I believe you’re right in that it’s non-CC outside of maybe some hair or clothing choices.

Loverboy by Babi
At First Sight by Trishy (no CC for LI if I remember correctly)
I beeping hate you by Daxa

Hope you enjoy these, I’m a romcom freak as well! :sparkles:

1 Like

Thank you, beauty :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart:

1 Like

Tender Hearts by @Laquila is another fab RomCom :heart:

Ooo and Risky Investment by @Gracex :heart:

Hey, there is a heroic contest that I really enjoyed reading that is exactly a romcom. The story is: Melt his heart. I know you created this trend a while ago but if you are still into romcoms you really should look at this! It’s by @bb.episode on IG

You can read “And they were roommates” by lucillialouvre

Ever Since New York may be a good one for you to read if you don’t mind the wedding
Stay the night as well ( I’m not sure if they get married at the end I forgot)
I don’t know if you’ll like this one but A different path (The mean girl in the story does not drive a wedge between them and they do get married and have kids but its the last episode and you don’t see the wedding and the kids are in the like lat 2 minutes if the last episode)
Anyone but you really good
Legally Clueless (doesn’t have a mean girl or any of the other things listed so far although the story isn’t finished)
Mac& Robin is funny and has the requirements
Everybody hates me (not finished)
Finding Emerald ( I forgot if they have kids at the end but I do know they get married)