[Limelight] The Eyes Have It

Not to be rude or anything, but I’m black and I have hooded eyes that look a lot like the ones released. My mom and brother have them too. They aren’t an exclusively Asian feature.

5 Likes

Charmed, Supernatural the show, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and much more like that.

1 Like

Yes, That is true too.

She was complaining that they used it on a white character. Monolids are exclusive to a lot of POC races, not non-POC.

1 Like

It’s not a monolid. There’s a second lid but the majority of it is covered with the first one. That’s why it’s hooded. And white people can have them too. One of my best friends is English and Irish and she has them. Not trying to be mean or anything just pointing this out.

2 Likes

It depends on geneology. Some people are born with the trait and some aren’t. Hooded eyes are not a common attribute for some white people.

3 Likes

I have never really seen a white person have those eyes unless they had surgery or are mixed with it or their ancestry has it. :woman_shrugging:t5:

4 Likes

I know. It’s a feature most prevalent in a certain parts of the world (mainly Asia) . I just didn’t want to see people being critized for using a feature they might have themselves on different types of characters.

3 Likes

I wish I could show you a picture of my friend because hers are really intense. Just look up Jennifer Lawrence instead I guess.

Same! :joy:

2 Likes

Your good, Some do have them others don’t. Like I have a semi-hooded eye but I also have mixed ancestry. I have mainly Swiss, Irish, English, Cherokee(very small amount), Swiss-German, Swiss-Italian in me.

1 Like

Gotchu

1 Like

Yep, most are just attributes from ancestry. Also most Americans are actually mixed race because of how many different races are in America.

2 Likes

Plus supernatural books too.

1 Like

I’m Canadian and I can still agree from when I have gone to the states for vacations and what not

4 Likes

Just gonna drop this here. Meet the Khoisan people. A group indigineous to South Africa. That being said, totally agree.

9 Likes

Thank you for showing that image.

1 Like

I’m not one to snap at people but I could not hold that back when I read her post.

Very true, It’s getting to that point for me. I’m not willing to keep arguing for hours on a fight. Sadly, though I have to stay up and working on a college project though.

1 Like

Oh.