[Limelight Writer's Portal] Character Layering Not Working

So I’ve been writing a few episodes of my story and I’m learning advanced directing. I have been playing with layers since then with no problems, until now. I do not know what’s wrong because I’ve been using this kind of format and my previous works were doing fine. So here’s the picture.

asdf

Technically, I want the hand in front (Eric’s hand) to be behind the other hand (Andrea’s).

This is the script I’m using:

"EXT. GAZEBO POOL HOUSE - DAY
@zoom on 410 0 to 650% in 0
@cut to zone 2
@ERIC spot 0.943 165 38 in zone 2 at layer 5 AND ANDREA spot 0.943 0 -18 in zone 2 at layer 0
&ANDREA walks to spot 0.943 50 -18 THEN ANDREA faces left THEN ANDREA is transition_stand_to_squat_neutral THEN ANDREA spot 0.943 30 18 AND ANDREA is idle_sit_anklescrossed_neutral_loop

NARRATOR
One event, changed our whole lives forever.

&ERIC walks to spot 0.943 155 38 THEN ERIC faces right THEN ERIC is transition_stand_to_squat_neutral
@pause for a beat
&ERIC spot 0.943 167 -47 AND ERIC is react_shocked_gasp AND ERIC faces left"

I’ve been using it without any problems with previous layering, but now, it’s not working.
I tried increasing the layer number (1-5) for ERIC but nothing changed.
Can someone please help me?

Moved this to Directing Helps and Tips since it’s likely a scripting issue. However, if the problem continues after everything you’ve tried, you could send in a ticket to the support team and ask for their assistance. :wink:

1 Like

Thank you! Sorry, I was new here :slight_smile:

1 Like

You want Eric to be behind Andrea?
At the moment, you’ve layered him in front of Andrea (he’s at layer 5 and she’s at layer 0). You would need to swap those numbers (Eric needs to be at a lower number than Andrea to be behind her).
Or did I read something wrong? lol

OH! Yes you’re right! My bad. Thank you! I might have missed it. Lots of love! :heart_eyes:

1 Like