Limit on Length of "Pause Time"

This one is kind of obscure, so let me know if anyone else is even experiencing it. Between scenes, I’ll usually include an absurdly long pause like:

@pause for 99999999999999999999999999999999999999

This makes sure the script does not carry onto a new scene while I am adjusting the current one. Today, I noticed that the script was skipping over these long pauses entirely as if they were not there. I tried a couple of things and found that shortening the pause did the trick. A working pause time reads:

@pause for 9999999999999999999999999

I am assuming this is a glitch because the script has recognized even longer pauses than this before. Even if it is a glitch, it’s not that serious. I just wanted to add it to the list of known bugs.

I’m not sure if there’s a limit, but I usually just do @pause for 50000 and that’s always much longer than I need when adjusting character or overlay placements [or whatever else].

However, if you think you’ll never have enough time… you could always just put in an invisible speechbubble/narration box.

To do this you just put: :point_down:t3:

@speechbubble is 160 123 to 0%
NARRATOR
Test Scene

:point_up_2:t3:
I highlighted the 0% just so that it doesn’t go missed, as that is the most important part.
But don’t forget to readjust the speechbubble to 100% or 85% or whichever size you use, prior to a character speaking or a narration box.

2 Likes