Ok! So, I can confirm the build version of the Episode app on iOS (1211 + 655,0) is older than Android (1225021 + 655,0). This could explain why iOS users don’t experience this issue.
For Android users, on my Samsung S7 Edge, the Episode app forced me to install the latest version. Before that, I was able to open stories URLs from my web browser. After the update, I noticed the following change:
- Potential regression: As mentioned, I’m no longer able to open a story URL;
- Potential regression (or feature removed?): Even logged into my profile, I can’t view my profile (I don’t know if this section is removed or not);
- Potential regression (or feature removed?) I’m no longer able to view profiles of other authors;
- Potential regression: If a friend sent me a link of an unpublished story, his/her story is no longer displayed in the Create section;
- Fixed: The UI has changed (when viewing/reading a story) - on larger devices, like the Samsung Galaxy S9: the viewport is larger, and the exit the option remains visible). This changes resolved an issue indirectly with tappable overlays when some are out of the safe zone (this is great);
- Fixed: The issue with transparent overlays seems to be fixed on that releases (transparent PNG were darker in the previous version for some stories);