List your issues about episode's cringy cliches (Temp closed because of flaggin') : cri :

lol I hate it when that happens

1 Like

You and the love interest are outside, and you’re freezing, and the love interest puts his jacket on you.

4 Likes

Billionaire stories.

What happens when you become an assistant for a cold-hearted billionaire? Will ya be able to resist him? :heart_eyes:

Seriously though, the only billionaire story I actually like is Billionaire Baby Daddy.

7 Likes

That’s lowkey romantic and sweet lmao. I’d rather have him put his jacket on me than hang my stolen bra on the school’s flag pole… or would I??? :heart_eyes:

Here’s another cliche:

I’ve noticed that the MC always seems to have a troubled home life??? Like most of the time, their parents are divorced, one of them is dead, ect. I feel stupid af saying this bc in my story, my MC’s parents are separated, but still. :rofl:

8 Likes

Or their parents are super overprotective and strict and they want the MC to be what they are, like a doctor/lawyer or whatever, but the MC doesn’t want to o_O

3 Likes

The mean girl has two minions, one of them is just weird and crazy, and the other one agrees to literally everything the mean girl says/ tries to comfort her when MC insults her lol

MG: Go to hell!
MC: I’ll see you there!
MG screams
MG: I AM GOING TO KILL MC!
Minion 1: Yasss I’ll help you let’s ruin her life together now!
Minion 2: sobs But I want pizza…
MG and Minion 1 starts to leave
MG: MINION 2 ARE YOU COMING OR NOT?!
Minion 2: Sorry yes I’m coming!

6 Likes

Common Scenes in Episode Stories

Or stories where the LL leaves MC in order to “protect her”

LL: I’m sorry MC but I’m going to have to leave you…
MC: :scream: WHAT? WHY?
LL: I…can’t…say…
MC: JUST TELL ME WHY! IMMA MISS YOU! sobs
LL: I can’t tell—
MC: JUST FREAKIN TELL ME!
LL: SHE HAS A GUN, OKAY?
MC: WHAT??

Like okay, there’s a bad guy/girl who is a killer, but can’t I just see a story where the MC protects herself. o_O

3 Likes

How about:
Teen wolf pregnancy.
A teen girl who just so happens to be a werewolf falls in love with a cold hearted rich gang leader, who saves her from her troubled family, and then she ends up pregnant. But then there’s a bad boy who she falls for, and she must decide between the two boys.

1 Like

The worst cliche: Mutiple threads about cliches.

1 Like

No one ever seems to lock their bathroom doors. Living with the guy you like and he accidentally walks into your private bathroom when you’re in there naked.

13 Likes

The mean girl revealing a secret if you don’t leave the love interest alone… as if blackmail is going to make him fall madly in love with her.

11 Likes

Speaking of mean girls: the blondie pretends to be nice and apologise to you after she gets suspended or expelled just so she can enact a ridiculously intricate plan to ruin your life…

10 Likes

The random female best friend who turns out to be gay and in love with you… but only tells you at the end of the story when you haven’t built up enough of a romantic relationship to genuinely and legitimately choose her over the two guys in the love triangle with you. Basically a diversity cop-out for LGBT readers.

15 Likes

One of the two people in a COMA after being attacked by a random GANG MEMBER… or maybe a jealous ex.

4 Likes

The bad boy always wears a leather jacket, and smokes.

4 Likes

Male love interests only existing for that purpose. They have no personality and show no real emotion until she comes along and warms his cold heart.

Or the girl that gets a makeover (often includes removing their glasses and changing their hair) and all of a sudden everyone falls in love with her.

4 Likes

In my story I’m making the MG have a friend who supports her, kind of like her minion, but they are both weird.

1 Like

The bad boy or the boss who automatically thinks the new girl is hot.

1 Like

Being UNABLE to control yourself around that AWFUL guy… because physical attraction is way too strong for a poor woman to notice things like emotional abuse.

But, of course, he’s going to change in the end…

…or rather he’s gonna have a sad backstory to explain why he’s so fーed up and the MC is gonna start simply taking his sh—t

@ChaoticDeluge

6 Likes

Sexual assault and abuse being used as a plot device… :rage:

When the guy only reveals how much he loves the girl because she got assaulted by a gang member and he almost lost her

4 Likes