List your issues about episode's cringy cliches (Temp closed because of flaggin') : cri :

Thank you! I’m really trying to take the things that I don’t like about episode stories and doing them how I feel it should be done. I want it to be real representation of life told through a fantasy story. The only way to fix these issues is if we stop supporting them and put out better examples for others! If we start writing healthy relationships and real characters, hopefully that will become the new norm for episode.

4 Likes

I feel like these stories of your typical Mary Sue or a character who is a hot jerk garners far more attention but you see, I think these stories are okay only if one appreciates that reality and fantasy/stories on here are very different. However, can one expect that of younger children so it is best we provide a norm as ayemdar and Emily as well as many other authors here are doing of real characters.

4 Likes

Would be also cool if Episode makes something different from what they feauture.
I find it ironic how underrated authors write better female characters than them.

6 Likes

Agreed.

If they did a story about a guy getting pregnant and all the roles being reversed I won’t lie. I would read it :joy:

5 Likes

I agree. It seems to me that episode is appealing to ratings only. They want as many reads as they can. That means writing what people would read, which at the moment are these toxic stories. Once episode decides that quality stories that fit within their guidelines is more important than money, then we will see a change in featured stories. Plus the more controversial it is, the more we talk about it, like with It Starts With a Bra. I’m sure the story gained even more reads because of all the attention it gained from us concerned about it’s content.

7 Likes

I dont like it when stories like those get more attention than actual unique stories with unique plots. I read stories like Pitch Perfect. I enjoyed it but i feel like it doesn’t really make me satisfied

5 Likes

It’s the case of sex sells because let’s be honest, it produces controversy.

3 Likes

The controversy produced curiosity as well as people wanting to check it out to see what the fuss is about. Like the new featured story, we were screenshotting it (me included), memeing it, etc. This is a great way to accumulate attention from an audience even if it is not the right attention.

4 Likes

Exactly. It’s a sad truth in our society everywhere, not just here on episode. I have worked with children and teens quite a bit, and I know that we as a community can be better for them. I’m almost 22, so I know that these relationships and portrayal of characters isn’t right. However, can a 11/13/15 year old do the same?

Ugh this topic just gets me SO heated. I’m gunna be better for our young readers. <3

4 Likes

Yes, I get you - and of course it would get you heated as this is an issue! I am glad you are spreading a positive message, thank you!

1 Like

I can say the same to you! Also feel free to link me any of your stories, I’d love to read them!

1 Like

I dont mind having stories with sex my problem that its used too much. Its like when the MC loses her virginity to this one guy, thats the guy she is gonna marry.

5 Likes

Ah, I see, when it is so in your face and just like HURR HURR I JUST BANGED SOMEONE HURR it is just plain tacky in my opinion. If it is an important plotline, that is fine.

3 Likes

I agree. Sex shouldn’t be added in just because it’s sex. It should have a purpose to the story.

5 Likes

The only story i read (so far) where a couple had sex after marriage is Dripping Mascara.

2 Likes

Ohh - I have heard so many good things about Dripping Mascara and wow, that’s kinda insane as well to have such few stories with that sort of approach to sex.

1 Like

Yeah its a novel story. Its also one in many stories that made me emotional.
I also get told that my story is heavy and emotional.
Episode could learn a thing or two from that

2 Likes

Preach, I reckon episode could get schooled on a few things.

1 Like

Oh wait correction. ONLY story that made me emotional

3 Likes