List your issues about episode's cringy cliches (Temp closed because of flaggin') : cri :

Same thing but replace popular guy with guy Best Friend in some stories

3 Likes

I was browsing through the app last night while looking for new stories to read and came across two things that had me opt out of the story so fast:
The MC and LI are finally happy in a relationship she either gets pregnant and/or is in an accident and suffers from memory loss (could be the guy). I’m sure there are stories out there who does this really well but I’ve yet to come across one that I remember.

3 Likes

**another cliche:**You’re a princess in a small European kingdom which cannot even be located in a map. Your old fashioned mother, the queen, and your father demand you get married to some A-hole prince in a neighborhood kingdom. You, a rebellious teenage princess refuse to accept your fate and run away. Then you go find some guy to marry. The end.

7 Likes

I’m so glad I found this post. The biggest one for me was lack of diversity. I’ve read maybe a handful of stories with POC as the MC and they’re brand new authors. The story I just published has maybe one or three cliches (not the overbearing ones) but I feel it’s necessary for the plot. My story however does touch on controversial and sensitive topics, there’s more than one MC and they’re POC.

10 Likes

It seems like Episode has made a major change. If you follow Episode on Instagram, you’ll know what I’m talking about. But, unfortunately, it seems that Episode is more concerned about making money than actually pleasing us Episode users. I may be wrong, but that’s how I see it. They make a lot of cliche stories now because “we like them.” Of course we like them, but sometimes cliche stories gets tiring to read because we’re reading the same plot over and over again, There’s no originality,

7 Likes

When the Mc’s boyfriend or love interest leaves the MC bc they think their protecting her

Or when the Mc’s love interest gets mad at her and gets with someone else :expressionless:

7 Likes

When they make the main guy in the story much stronger and powerful and the MC (there’s really nothing wrong with that It just makes mad seeing it)

I go on and on :joy:

1 Like

OMG yesss!!

2 Likes

how exactly can a story on episode be “left leaning”? and how is that a cringy cliche? :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

You seem too innocent to know…

1 Like

nah i just don’t understand how if a story is left leaning, it’s cringe-worthy and cliched.

3 Likes

You’ll have to do your own research, if I tell you Episode will just hide my reply.

1 Like

This topic is temporarily closed for 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 4 hours.

This topic is temporarily closed for 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.