List your issues about episode's cringy cliches (Temp closed because of flaggin') : cri :

If I were ever to write a gang story, and for some reason the idea is kind of sparking in my mind, it’s not going to be a boy-meet-girl love story/kidnapped falling in love with her captor/“bad boy”.

It’s going to be about a ruthless all-female gang under the guise of selling drugs, only to find actual gangs and kill them/freeing their victims and trafficked children as well.

It might be on my shelf of “what to do” once my first story is published and all.

8 Likes

IKR! The only bad thing about him is his bad attitude

3 Likes

Uhhh… are prophesies inherently bad?
I am writing a story where a prophesy is made and kinda makes the MC’s life worse.
However the MC will have no real special powers and will not believe in the prophesy.
First the MC will not believe it to be true, later the MC will be able to choose between:

• Continuing believing that the prophesy is bogus (eg it’s a lie or prophesies aren’t real)
  • Believing that it doesn’t matter what the prophecy says (eg it’s been misunderstood or I choose my own fate)
  • I will do as the prophesy predicted (eg there is no escaping fate or I was going to do this anyway)

Thoughts? Is this too cliche?

2 Likes

YES! THANK YOU! Honestly I love reading these and hearing people’s opinions. I love the tea lmao. But the only thing I disagree with you on this is the head wraps. I like them and as a POC I don’t think it’s cultural appropriation when a white person in a story wears it. If anything I like the fact that they’re being used instead of being brushed to the side and it’s showing how African clothing can make a person look better.

6 Likes

FRIK TO THE FRIK YEAH BOO!!! <3 ily already

The EVIL twin
DUH DUH DUHHHHHHH

1 Like

lmaoooo

2 Likes

Yeah! That kind of stories are like so common in fantasy genre!

1 Like

Yeah I know… that is like a really serious problem which should be stopped and not romanticized or glorified like they are!

4 Likes

Honestly, I don’t get why some authors continue to call their abusive/violent/disrespectful/pretentious/controlling male leads “alpha males”. I, personally, consider a “real” alpha male to be strong(knowing where he’s going in life), protective of his friends and family (never letting them down when they need him), understanding and supportive (helping his friends/family become who they want to be). I don’t know, I just kind of believe that alphas should protect and respect their own, to seem attractive. All that controlling/abusing behavior of most “episode-alpha-males” is just such a turn off, really.

11 Likes

How to write your cliche story sequel:

MC: Ugh… My parents totally don’t understand me! I’ll just do the same thing my mom did in her youth and get pregnant by some abusive bad boy while making out with 5 bazillion other people!
BF: That’s such a great idea GUUUUURRRRRL! Count me in!
Mom:Oh no! Don’t repeat my mistakes! (cries hysterically)
@MC does it anyway and rushes to the next party
ClicheBadBoy: Hey, I normally don’t say that but…you are… different… (gets her pregnant asap and then cheats with Blondie McDivacurlz)
MC: OMG Mom you were sooo right… I can’t believe he did that to me (cries until someone rings the door bell)
MC: BadBoy?! what are you doing here you horrible person?
BadBoy: Babe, I’m so sorry. Forgive me! Blondie McDivacurlz drugged me! I only love you! And our child! You’ve changed me Babe! I’m a better person now!
Mom: (almost faints from admiring his words) Do it honey! Your Dad said just the same back in the day! (eyes magically turn into hearts)
MC: I love you too Baby! Let’s have another kid right after this one so there can be more drama in the next sequel!
BadBoy: Anything for you my sweet angel <3

The end. Next Sequel coming out on 23rdisch Septrashber 2KBad

19 Likes

So true! That’s exactly how most of these stories go! I am so fed up by these cliches. They still get so many reads and it’s unfair for the writers who have stories with unique ideas!

6 Likes

Exactly! And it’s also unfair for readers who try to find a decent story and have to crawl through so much cliche and badboy-stuff that they almost give up looking for the hidden gem stories that are actually good!

4 Likes

Blondie McDivacurlz :joy:

5 Likes

The Blondie one tho…

Ok… I read a lot of episode stories, and almost all of them are the same!!!
There’s always that one mean girl with her two minions that you used to be friends with but then she decided she was too good for you and she currently is out to ruin your life because the hottest and baddest boy in school that she so desperately wants to date has taken interest in you just because you stood up to him! But that doesn’t matter because by the end of the story, after hearing his sad “I thought i could never love again after my ex cheated on me until i met you” and BAM! You’re in love and no matter what choices you make in the story, you end up together!!! Like seriously! choices were made for a reason!!! Another one is like Crush on Mr bad Boy where the MC LITERALLY transforms herself because she decides she doesn’t want live her own life anymore!! I don’t know what kind of sick alternative universe these stories are in, but here on Earth, that’s called suicidal and is an actual problem!!! Another example of sick problems turned into “entertaining stories” is where the girl is kidnapped and impregnated by a gang or mafia leader. like when has it ever been okay to write a story about real and traumatic experiences for some reads on episode! And also, being a latina and POC, never have I ever seen or read a story where the MC herself/himself is a POC. And they are giving non-POC (that is the nicest way to put it) hair like corn rows or dreadlocks and stuff like that! Another cliche that in almost every story, I hate it when they always make the girl food-crazy! like the friend is always talking about snacks and saying stuff like “food before boys” (which is kinda true cuz I love food too but not that much). if i went on a rant about all the cliches on episode, i dont think this post would ever end!

11 Likes

When every badboy wears contacts but after everything happens “I forgot my contacts” now they wear their glasses.

10 Likes

When the LI pretends to be dating MC

5 Likes

I CANT EXPRESS HOW MUCH I AGREE WITH YOU OMG damn

1 Like

lmao actually tho EVERY SINGLE HIGH SCHOOL STORY -not literally-

1 Like