Little nervous about publishing

Hi guys… so I have been working my story for over a year now. And i will be publishing tomorrow. Am a little nervous though, this is my first story as well but I know that other authors have had trolls being horrible and leaving horrible comments etc.
What would be you guys advise / help to deal with them?

5 Likes

Ignore the haters lol they read your story anyway, they clearly can’t write their own that’s why they’re trying to bring you down. :shushing_face:

5 Likes

ignore them. they are not importent . and there comments does not matter

1 Like

I’ve never had them (mainly because I don’t have many reads), but don’t anwser if they leave comments. They want a reaction. Delete the comment. If they try again, report it.

1 Like

At the end of the day you won’t please everyone, so don’t try to. Write your story for you, write it because you want to tell this story you have created. Don’t write for reads and fanmail because in doing that you aren’t going to be happy writing and you’ll soon lose interest if you don’t see instant results or have people trying to talk you into making your story… their story.
So ignore people hating on it and moaning that it isn’t what they like or it should have more of something or less of something or whatever else they will come up with and stay true to yourself and your idea.

If you want to have more ideas of what to do before releasing you can send some friends the link to the first couple of chapters or a reviewer and ask them to read it through and see if there is anything they can spot that might need a slight polish or editing before publishing to really give it a good start as it’s easy to miss minor things.

6 Likes

Hey ignore the haters who cares if people don’t like it there is going to be people who would love it.
I wrote a story and was going to publish it but I was really nervous and people said it was crap do I didn’t publish it. That was one of my biggest mistakes of my life so just publish it, haters gonna hate, lovers gonna love

3 Likes

Have confidence that you’ve done the best you can and know that there will always be haters. I’ve read several really good stories (directed well, proper grammar and punctuation, well thought out plot, dialogue and scene layout/overlay placement, etc.), went to leave a positive fanmail and to ask if they were going to continue the story… there were people saying how stupid it was and blah blah blah.

All art illicits hate. Some people hate harry potter, some are diehard fans. Neither is wrong, it’s just an opinon.
In the words of my 94 yr old great-grandmother “Opinions are like assholes, everyone’s got one. Don’t worry about anybody’s but your own.”

2 Likes

Well said gal :v:

Haters be just jealous of your perfect publish your story and be proud :grin:

3 Likes

This is honestly the most important thing to keep in mind as a writer. You can definitely see a difference of quality between an author that have passion for their own work, and an author that is trying to please everyone, which often leads to loosing themselves in the process.

There are way too many good stories on this platform, getting hate, while many bad ones are super-popular and are being praised up into the sky. (This is my opinion, as heavily sexualised stories without an original plot is not my thing.)

People will always enjoy or be turned off by different things in a story.
So my advice would be; As long as you are happy with your story, then there’s nothing to worry about.

5 Likes

Ignore them. What matters most is that you are happy with what you created in the end, not what other people say about your story.

Also, hmu when you publish! I’d like to read it. :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Like my post, bc U copied me😡

Ummm alright? Sorry, I didn’t realize that we basically said the same things. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ok that’s ok, sorry I just thought U copied me :joy:

1 Like

Whats your story name? I’ll give it a shoutout when it comes out! Also if someone hates on it screw them, I bet your story is amazing!:two_hearts:

3 Likes

You said it perfect!:wink::wink:

Don’t listen to them they just want you to be sad about your story there will be always people who will be jealous they just can’t write there own story :unamused::unamused::unamused:

1 Like

Thanks! Am super nervous about it.
You dont have to but very much appreciated.
It’s called
Mum know’s best.

:o
I just published it… so nervous… But from what you guys have said am sure I’ll be ok :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.