Locked Choices Based on Points?

Hi. Lets say the main character has the option to kiss love interest 1, buts only if they have a specific amount of points. Say love interest 1 needs to have 5 points for the MC to have the option to kiss them, but they only have 4 points. How would i code it so the choice is locked if they dont meet the required points (and unlocked if they have the required points).

I’m not sure if you’ve had a look at Dara’s guide or not, but just in case you haven’t, here it is:

I know her examples use flags but she did mention that it also works with points. :blush:

I haven’t looked at that yet, but thank you!

So i could write something like:

choice

“Option 1” if (LOVEINTEREST > 5){

Kiss him

} “Option 2” if (LOVEINTEREST < 5){

No option to kiss him

}

I have no idea if that is right or not, but ill test it haha

Wait I just found a way I could do it on that guide. I guess i didnt look hard enough the first time. I dont think i can do a locked choice, but i can still make a different outcome happen based on points which is all i need.

What i found in case someone has the same issue:

BOY (talk_flirt)
Do you want to go on a date with me?

if (BOY > 1) {

GIRL (talk_excited)
I would absolutely love that!

} elif (BOY = 1) {

GIRL (talk_shrug)
Yea that sounds fine.

} else {

GIRL (talk_repulsed)
Ew as if, loser!
}

Thank you for showing me that guide!

2 Likes

You’re welcome! I also found this post, would this help or be closer to what you need?

Yes this is great too! However, I dont plan on including any gem options. This is great alternative to people who do though.

Do you think I could remove the option for spending gems and simply say “You dont have enough points with this person to unlock this scene.” then cut to the next scene?

Absolutely. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Awesome! Thank you so much.

1 Like

If/elif/else is not choice

So is it really a choice based on points you are looking for of you are looking just for scene alternation without readers choice ( based on points)?

I pretty much wanted a scene to happen where the MC and the love interest are talking. Then a choice comes up for the reader to either kiss him or not kiss him. If the love interest has enough points with the MC then the option to kiss would be unlocked, but if the love interest does not have enough points built up the choices will still be there, but the option to kiss him will be locked.

Ok I will write you how to code it just a second… I need to switch on my pc since writing it down in phone sucks.:grin:

label kiss_choice
NARR
Do you want to kiss him?
choice
“No” {
#here add the no kiss scene
} < LOCKED >“Yes” if (POINT <5) {
@speechbubble is 160 200 to 100%
NARR
Sorry, you do not have enough points to unlock this scene.
goto kiss_choice
} < PREMIUM >“YES” if (POINT >4) {
#here add the kiss scene
}

This will look as unlocked for reader who had 5 and more points.

2 Likes

Oh my gosh, thank you so much. This is perfect!
I seriously appreciate it :))

also, I forgot that the forum hides text in < >

so I added space so you can see the LOCKED and PREMIUM code above :point_up:

it will change the color of the choice - the locked will be gray with the lock symbol

you just need to delete the spaces inside the < >

Perfect, ill make sure to delete the spaces :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.