Loco Amor is problematic and overrated

Do you represent 1.8 billion Muslims? No. So don’t speak for everyone. And do you really think she put that “allahu akbar” scene in to “appreciate” us or give us love? Do you really think she cared that much? No. You’re so naive. Muslims are way too nice on people who make jokes about them. Prejudiced jokes against arabs, brown people, desi people etc is so normalized these days that anyone who is offended is told to “shut up” and that it’s “just a joke”. Ora put that in as a cheap shot at comedy and it failed badly because it isn’t cute or hilarious to imitate terrorists.

You’re constantly saying “omg how do you think Ora feels?” but also saying that Muslims shouldn’t be offended at what she did. Why should the fact that Ora is “hurt” or getting hate take away from how we were offended?

Person 1: “Haha, buddhas are funny”.
Person 2: “That isn’t funny. You’ve offended so many people.”
Person 3: “Omg you’re making her feel upset, shut up! Stop being offended because it’s hurting her!”

If she can’t handle backlash then maybe she should get off the internet. She has a huge platform, with many young readers. She should take more responsibility for her actions instead of acting like the victim.

And stop throwing around the word “bullying”. We are complaining about an author who has put offensive jokes in her story. If that’s the case then maybe no one should complain about anything anymore, because their feelings might get hurt, right?

14 Likes

Thanks for the spell check! Completely forgot since we were discussing them looking/acting like latinxs. I’ll fix that.

1 Like

:clap:t4: :clap:t4: :clap:t4:

5 Likes

I wanted to but I forgot the screenshot. Here’s the one I did get:

These guys are not good friends if they think this is ok. My dad tried to quit smoking last year, but my mom wouldn’t stop. Any time he went into the garage (where she would smoke) he would instinctively grab a cigarette. He’s 4 months clean I think. But yeah, next to impossible when smokers are around you.

13 Likes

oh god help whoever wrote this silly confession. this is what we always mean by impressionable users.

okay, this is the best thing i’ve read here lmao.

this. this is what the main problem is. misrepresentation and stereotypes are so normalized they’re believed by everyone, and the people who actually belong to these cultures and religions are labeled as sensitive snowflakes once they speak up against it. it’s not fucking okay.

exactly!

stop using some sort of fucking uno reverse card on those who were genuinely offended by loco amor’s content. they were offended, and ora, as loco amor’s author, is the cause for this. why should we be considerate towards her feelings when she continues dismissing our concerns and acting like she doesn’t give a shit soon after she’s confronted?

as always, public content → public criticism.

6 Likes

I came across this thread on here, don’t want to bash these users specifically, but here are some fan opinions and expressions: Loco amor fans (thoughts) - #12 by SID_186

These screenshots are from Loco Amor 2, I believe. (Unless I’m wrong)

6 Likes

These look like they’d be screenshots from one of those “Episode parody” stories. That or one of the “XD random” stories. Neither option is good.

6 Likes

I… hate this so much. Just… no.

11 Likes

Episode 10
Sorry I haven’t posted today. I was doing housework and getting to know my hot new neighbors :wink:

This episode… oh boy.

Let’s start out with an easy one… psycho Italians? Just why? Why is this necessary? Ugh :woman_facepalming:

Slapping, slapping, and more slapping. Because it obviously wouldn’t be funny without it… :unamused: (once again, pardon my screenshot timing).

Ora pushing this “relationship” is so unnecessary.
Also her directing shines when she has a character swap for the end animation and Nick changes clothing.

IMG_7865
Also, what does it mean for one to be “wawa?” :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Yay food references. I’m done with witty remarks on this. It’s just boring at this point.

You guys… I know this is mean, and you can call me out about it, but this is the worst background editing I have ever seen in my life :laughing: Babe, let me help you. I make backgrounds. The Episode community has some hospital backgrounds. This just hurts my soul.
IMG_7869

I hate this. I hate this so much. This is what bullies would call me when I was struggling with acne. This is what my parents called me to bring me down. Why is this funny for anyone? I bet Ora was laughing her a*s off writing this. Well guess what? It’s also a common insult used for people struggling with acne. Ugh :woman_facepalming:

HE WAS TALKING ABOT BITING I SWEAR. Wait… how is that better!?

Also what is with LIs using the “I won’t bite… hard/unless you want me to.” I’m tired of seeing this.

Yay ex-girlfriend drama! Because that’s the holy grail for writer’s block. Ex-girlfriends to the rescue!

Wow… kidnappings, too? Ora is on a role with these totally not overused plot points!

This is the only one I’m doing for today. I’ll crank out some more tomorrow, but I’m tired and I’ve had a really long day of doing chores and flirting with hot people. Don’t judge. I haven’t seen an attractive person other than myself (jk lol) in months.

12 Likes

I think that this person has only just read the story so Ora might have taken some of the rude parts out.

Quoting someone from the loco amor fan thread :slight_smile: I have no words

3 Likes

honestly… this just sounds like something from a young fan. I dont think its fair to single this person out when Loco Amor is attracting more of a younger fan base than mature readers (I mean… look at Alexis’ personality…). Remember, children are impressionable, and they may not understand that whatever they’re reading is wrong and hurtful. Keep the focus of this thread on the story and not the fans - that way, fans who do come across this thread see the issues within the story rather than see people mocking them. (when people are mocking you, you would feel less inclined to listen to what they have to say, right?)

8 Likes

what the shit? and this is supposed to be a “drama” story? no words.

this one lowkey offended me. i know what it’s like to be suicidal, and, let me fucking tell you, ora… it is nowhere near “cute”. in no shape, form, or appearance. don’t say shit like this, not even as a joke.

wow, guess she figured she’s italian, not a latina. progress!

okay-

LMAO

probably. because she gives zero shits who she offends.

not :clap:t3: all :clap:t3: ex :clap:t3: girlfriends :clap:t3: are :clap:t3: insecure :clap:t3: clingy :clap:t3: pieces :clap:t3: of :clap:t3: shit
i was never one. let the guy breathe you dumbasses.

the only reason i’d want to kidnap alexis is to glue her lips with superglue and cut her arms off. brutal, i know.

this is what we mean by her deluded fangirls.

tHiNkS bEyOnD a NoRmAl PeRsOn, i-

they’ll need a harsh wake up call anyway.

9 Likes

okay, reading the loco amor fan thread made me kill off all of my barely remaining braincells. i’m pretty sure i’m growing a fucking tumor.

i wanna call the parents to come pick their kids up.

8 Likes

Pfttt, even my twelve year old ass cringed when I saw my sister reading the story. :skull:

4 Likes

oh lord, how old is your sister?

4 Likes

Year older, 13. :joy:

4 Likes

that’s… very unfortunate.

4 Likes

^^^ this x100. This will be the last warning in this thread to get on track. Next time someone creates a post bashing the author of this story or it’s fans this thread will be shut down for constant rule violations and ignoring the forum teams warnings.

Also…discussing sexual arousal on these forums (when it has nothing to do with the story you are commenting on and doesn’t help your cause) is not allowed as this is a 13+ forum. Please leave that talk in private. Thanks! :v:

15 Likes

What the heck? What the hell makes you think that I’m trying to mock a child? And how can it be off-topic when I literally just quoted someone’s opion on the story? If you read my other replies, that’s when I talked about the example the story sets to children- I’m sorry but I’m not mocking any children, your reply makes no sense. And about the “seeing the issues within the story rather than see people mocking them”, there are 1500 other replies explaining why this story is offensive, I thought everyone figured that out until this moment. No kid is going to scroll to my reply and see that I wrote then think “oh my god she is mocking me”. No, one one’s gonna do that.

3 Likes