Loco Amor is problematic and overrated

Hiiii Episodians! I hope everyone is having a great weekend :smiley: Just a friendly reminder that it is best to discuss the story and it’s issues instead of the author of the story. Continuing discussion of the author increases the chances of this thread getting closed due to violating the “talking negatively about another member of the community” rule. Thanks for understanding

4 Likes

I knew what this was from the first line. TheOdd1sOut literally has 10 million+ fans, how did she think nobody was going to realize she stole this word-for-word? She can literally be copyright striked.

To follow Nick’s reminder, I don’t like the story. It’s just overall problematic and the worst part is that Ora probably won’t fix it.

7 Likes

then it’s time to report the story.

4 Likes

This thread is constructive criticism. The author misrepresents and sexualizes Spain’s culture, MY culture. She also made racist jokes, used cultural asian clothing as a joke, and used POC’s hair as a joke… But you don’t want to talk about that, right? You are not ready for that conversation. Suspend me and you will only prove that you don’t care about the people who got offended.

6 Likes

fax no printer!

3 Likes

There is a difference between talking trash about an author that has broken guidelines and supplying constructive criticism regarding the authors actions. Many posts in this thread have crossed the line and broken the above quoted forum rule. This is just a friendly reminder to everyone to please critique, criticize and voice your opinions of the actions and not the person. The thread isn’t here to roast or bash anyone, no matter how bad of a thing they have done.

Please keep this in mind when continuing in this thread :smiley: . If you would like to discuss the forum rules please pm me and I’ll be happy to, just hit me up :slight_smile: Thanks again :peace_symbol:

6 Likes

so… you are focused in this thread, instead of doing SOMETHING of what we shared. I shared proof, and many people here. And you are only focusing on how our words are. Do something about this story, that is the actual problem.

6 Likes

I would be happy to but unfortunately I am only a forum Admin and do not work in the review team :frowning: . You can tag our local review team member @Tyler to see if he has any options or submit a ticket here to the Support Team who can help you via the ticket. I hope this has helped and am truly sorry that I couldn’t be of more help :sad_panda:

2 Likes

@Tyler, is there any chance you could review this story (loco amor by ora)? we believe it isn’t a good fit for the app for the listed reasons in the original post of this thread.

to sum it up, it contains inappropriate/triggering jokes, misrepresents and stereotypes specific cultures and includes plagiarized content (no reference note or credit to the original video whatsoever).

7 Likes

He’s going to be reviewing the story.

5 Likes

I only have to say this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBTQc1o9w2k

1 Like

Yeah I’ve been looking into it :slight_smile: the info in this thread has been helpful.

24 Likes

Thanksto you and the team :yay:

8 Likes

We love you @Tyler, I feel like you should know that. You’re job as a reviewer for Episode is extremely important even though we wish you guys would be more strict on popular stories, but hey, you’re taking us seriously on this story, so yay!

Thank you for taking our concerns seriously :blush:

6 Likes

@Tyler, it also contains the word “fuck” and doesn’t have an * in it as the rules states it should. Just while the review team is looking at this story, check this one out, too.

I see this in a lot of popular stories, but we’re focused on Loco Amor right now, so that’s where I’m going to focus my energy.

See screenshot:

I’m using the screenshot from here

6 Likes

Honestly I am not one to speak about this but honestly i really want too. The first one as a black person I am insecure about my natural hair because I always thought it wasn’t “beautiful” enough and someone using the hair as a joke trying to say it’s ugly it even makes it even bad. I was even thinking about reading the story but now that I have seen all this racist “jokes” and all the things that are bad and she think it’s a joke yeah I am not reading that and giving reads to a story that’s mostly racist and rude.

11 Likes

Hopefully some good news…

I follow epyy.bells on insta and saw this on her story.

6 Likes

from what i’ve heard, bella is american/puerto rican, not spanish…

this is probably gonna flop hard. is it that hard to find a spaniard?

3 Likes

Thanks! I needed an opinion of a black person! And I’m sorry for that HORRIBLE joke. She didn’t even apologize, and that’s sad :((

8 Likes

She’s puerto rican/american. Not spanish. Well done Ora. If you are seeing this, well done.

1 Like