Loco Amor is problematic and overrated

Ohhhh noooo O_O

This is basically just freewrite/spoken word about the story, NOT the author:

I gotta add my two cents here–I was heavily disappointed by the misrepresenting of Spain, and even though I’m not fluent in Spanish, I’ve gotta say it, Ora’s “spaniards” are talking a lot like Mexicans. It almost seems to me that the story is going straight off of Mexican culture/words most of the time, which can definitely lead to immense confusion.

There really is no comedy here. I don’t see any humor in making a date rape joke or attempting to make abuse funny by constantly slapping people and claiming you like food, or that “your milkshake brings all the boys to the yard”. And remind me, shouldn’t this story have been it hot water a while back for all THE CROSSOVERS it did???

(TBH what made me realize this whole story was a mess to begin with was the fact that the title says “Love Crazy”, not “Crazy Love” xD)

8 Likes

I decided to start reading it to see what all the hubub is about. I couldn’t even get through the first few scenes, it’s so cringey. I’ll just take you guys; word for it cause I am NOT finishing this :joy:

9 Likes

Jeezus, you read it?
I never made it past the intro!

1 Like

A story like this isn’t entertaining at all and just because someone has a a lot of reads doesn’t mean it always a good story that’s the true.

They are plenty of stories just like hers and they have break the guidelines that is not okay and the story doesn’t send a reality message to the readers. Their is not quality to this story.
Some people don’t understand what a good story is. And many of readers are younger

Many young readers don’t really understand what a real story is it’s not all fun and games.
It’s serious and it’s about doing research and understanding what you’re doing wrong and what can be fixed.

Just because you have alot reads doesn’t mean that person is some best or amazing author they make mistakes too but something like this unacceptable.

So people like to read bad stories and not do anything about it?

Okay if people keep eating McDonald’s every day theirs unhealthy benefits to that same thing with a story.

2 Likes

That’s so not true at all.
@piccalilly and @Alusza know the episode forum and many another people with millions reads and they know that they readers support on the forums and on ig.
So that’s incorrect.

1 Like

that there is a part of the fans on forum doesnt mean it is majority.

Just look on if from pure logic. People somehow find episode and start to read it in app. They do not even know how the comunity stories work and if they are not interested in writing a story such reader hes no reson to even look up the forum of episode.

And then there is part of the readers who start to be interested in the forum- majority of the forum comunity sre people who at some point got idea about writing their own story. That the comunity itsel is big doesnt mean that majority of the app users are on forum.

DTTO instagram if someone fallows you it doesnt automaticly mean he is active on the forum. The one who are you udually recognise because they have episode related stuff on insta but majority of the fallowers do not have that.

So it is all true.

I am not saying there are no fans and supporters inside the comunity. What I am saying is that the active comunity members pool is only a part of the whole ocean of the users of the app and it is not the majority.

If the people want to read bad stories is actually wrongly formulated question.

Like with the McDonald – if you will ask people if they want to eat shity food all will say no.
If you will ask them if they know McDonald is unhealthy and low quality they will say yes but despite o it billions of people all over the world still go from time to time and eat there.

So think about why so many people do it despite of the fact they would tell you that in general they do not want to eat shitty food and they know McDonald is exactly this.

The answers is simple the decision to go or no to go to MCDonald is by majority not based of the food quality. The food quality simply is not present in the decision if they will go there.

And the same goes for episode stories – because lets be honest – episode as a platform is not thing offering high quality stories in general – all the original episode stories which new app user has to read before he can even see the community stories are not really deep tis just easy romance reading for kids of a low quality. So people who are looking for real quality of reading will never read episode. Comparing to let’s say Umberto Eco’s Foucault Pendulum all stories on episode are of low quality – so episode is like MC Donald’s itself among the reading material. All the reading apps are (to not make it sound like episode is the worst). And I am sure that if the Foucault pendulum of Umberto Eco would be on episode almost nobody would read it because it extremely difficult book to read with lot of philosophical aspects………yes itis high quality book but that is not want readers of episode are coming for.

As I said popularity is not based on quality and vice versa – The book I mentioned above will never have so many reads / sels as Harry Potter – despite of the fact that Rowing is not actually really good writer - she has great plot but the way se puts sentences together is below average of writers skills. But it’s one of the most popular book series………because despite of the disputable writing quality it is entertaining – it drags readied in and only the one who really know a lot about writing can see that it could have been written much better.

So to make some closure people do not come to episode expecting some fancy Michelin 5 star food reading, they are coming for “burgers” and they know that the quality of the stories will have some limit. So basically their quality choice is limited to plain hamburger stories or juicy big Mack stories……but it is still Mc donalds.

and doing something about it …if you want quality food you simply do not go to Mcdonalds but to some fancy restaurant. Standing in front of Mcdonalds yelling that its shitty food expecting Mcdonald to start to stop selling them is delusional.

And the same is about stories - you do not like it so why you even read it? This is what I don’t get at all - you obviously dislike the story to the bottom of your bones but you obviously have read a lot of if…so what is the point of doing that?

I have started to read many popular stories and had to stop after 4-6 chapters because I didn’t like them. I would never do to myself such pain to go on. but on the other hand I respect the fact other people do obviously like it and who am I to judge publicly the story or the author?

yeesssss!!

1 Like

I’m not judging people are pointing out criticism on this thread.
I don’t even read stories that i don’t like.

Just because someone has a lot of reads doesn’t mean it’s entertaining for everyone and when you break the guidelines you’re fans will told you about it.

Readers don’t have to write a story if they don’t want it’s more then just writing people can chat

yes, i get that, but my opinion is that i don’t understand what people find entertaining about this particular story. it’s cringe after cringe, problematic element after problematic element.

why are you comparing a fast food company to a problematic story on the episode platform? this argument makes no sense.

that’s the unfortunate thing here.

no one ever said people can’t read any story they want. but this doesn’t have to do with the fact that this story is problematic.

you are going off-topic with this. yes, we get not every episode user is on the forum or instagram, but what does this have to do with the fact that loco amor is an inappropriate story? you made your point about readers picking and choosing what they want to read on the app for entertainment, we understand, but, again, this thread is dedicated to reasoning with why this story is problematic.

this is where your logic is flawed. i’m certain most of ora’s readers are unaware of how problematic loco amor is, and that’s what the problem here is. if they did know, i’m sure this story would no longer trend by now, and ora could have been banned.

again, you’ve made your point multiple times, but can you stop talking about mcdonald’s and how reads have nothing to do with quality? stay on topic and speak of the related matters please.

the only thing that’s delusional here are ora’s fangirls. this story not only misrepresents certain cultures and contains inappropriate jokes, it also violates the guidelines.

have you even read any of the posts in this discussion? for the thousandth time, this story is problematic and does not deserve to remain on the app as it is. people are mostly brainwashed or offended by it.

5 Likes

Honestly she really messed up with Loco Amor between the culture and the slang. I learn spanish in school (so please keep in mind i am not that informed) and when I read her story I was a little confused by her use of “flaca” because I learned it meant skinny or thin. Some of her jokes are a bit far, yes. And maybe her apology wasnt enough and I think this thread and wrotebymaria’s thread were essential to Ora’s growth, hopefully this will help her grow and educate her, but at the end of the day everyone makes mistakes hers were bad but please don’t overly hate on her or any of these threads because at the end of the day everyone has to go to bed and please don’t be the reason someone crys, or reads hate before going to bed, Everyones entitled to their own opinion and should share it but not being nasty, get your opinion out fight for it, but what if this happened to your best friend or a family member, she may not show it but for sure this must be overwhelming for her, sorry for rambling on its just put yourself in her shoes. Lastly @wrotebymaria and @GucciPie deserve massive credit for standing up for what they believe in, its inspiring.

12 Likes

thank you for the comment, however, just to clarify, none of us are hating on ora or have anything against her. this isn’t personal. we’re just skeptical of her motives and words (in my opinion, rightfully so) since she continues telling us that she will change things yet fails to abide by her words. she says she’s open to criticism yet when she receives criticism from multiple people, she shrugs it off by saying she’s overwhelmed and scared of drama. at this point, she’s practically postponing this as much as she can. she makes herself appear as if she’s playing the victim. facing this much criticism can be tough, absolutely, but had she considered it and done something about it the first time someone criticized her or called her out, this wouldn’t be happening right now.

we do hope she will actually take matters into her own hands this time, though, if i’m honest, i’m quite doubtful this will end well since she asked for help from someone who isn’t spanish, only speaks spanish.

9 Likes

I agree with you, maybe loco amor wont ever be respectful enough and its a bit late for her to change certain things, maybe she should persue a different story with more research and start responding to what people want to see which could help her with her story. I never knew the full story about the girl helping her rewrite loco amor, Ora should talk to actual Spanish people to help her because they know more about culture.

6 Likes

exactly. yet this is what she seems to fail to do. i feel like in the end, she will mix the spanish culture with a latinx culture (i hope this is the appropriate term to use). if she can’t be bothered to reach out to a spaniard, why include spanish characters at all?

6 Likes

Wait is that Ora or Alexis? I’m confused.

1 Like

that’s ora.

1 Like

So confused with all the similar faces and hairstyles lol.

2 Likes