Long distance relationships?

Hey there,
do you believe that a long-distance RS can work?
Why or why not?
Also general opinions and comments are welcome.

4 Likes

Ya, I believe it can work. If you trust each other, then it could work.

1 Like

It all depends on trust and loyalty

3 Likes

It personally for me depends on the couple :heart::heart:

1 Like

Yes it can work! I had a LDR with my current live in bf. We’ve known each other for 6 years. After 2yrs we finally met in person then I moved to his state during year 5. The visits during those 3yrs were hard. We’d miss each other more every time we left.
Communication and trust is key!!!

2 Likes

:joy::joy:

Awww that’s so sweet and I’m glad that it worked out for you and hopefully it’ll work out for ever :kissing_heart:
That’s really heart-warming right now :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

1 Like

It really depends on the loyalty 97% of the time they don’t work out, but at the same time you can always accidentally fall for someone else. It really depends on the people and the trust.

2 Likes

i think they can work. you both just have to be loyal and trust to/each other

1 Like

No. Non. Ei. Nein. Não. Nej.

Andddd: NOPE.

1 Like

Hell yeah

1 Like

Want to add why?

Just like AMagic said: 97% time, it doesn’t work out. I’m not sure if that’s the actual statistics, but it doesn’t work out 60% of the time at least.

You need to be mature to handle a long distance relationship, loyalty will already “be there” if you’re mature. And usually, either both sides or one of them isn’t mature enough. Relationships usually end because “there’s no spark anymore”. This happens with all relationships, but more with LDRs. Because everything turns into an argument and arguments turn into fights, and then the usual breakup. God knows how many people I had to calm till 2am after their “sudden” breakup.

This is for relationships that start online only. If you meet someone in real life THEN it turns into long distance relationship… I guess that could work out.

5 Likes

stan sis :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Maybe they can, if the partners stay loyal to each other and love each other so much to actually make it work.

I was in a long-distance relationship for 1 and a half years.

But I can’t say much about how likely they are to work, our problems weren’t related to the distance lmao. He seemed very much like a closeted asexual, and I have my fair share of problems with emotions, affection, etc etc etc lmao. The fate of that relationship was probably sealed when he asked me out the second time and I said “I don’t really have any emotions, but if you insist, okay.” :joy: Not an Episode-worthy moment.

As everyone has mentioned, trust is completely key, since you can’t watch them the way you can watch someone who lives nearby. The sex drive of both partners either needs to be low enough that they won’t go looking for it elsewhere, OR they have to have some mutual agreement to keep an open relationship. Both also need to be content with the romantic gestures that can be done by distance: kind words, sweet video calls, surprise Amazon gifts, whatever, rather than hugging or cuddling every day.

So it’s more difficult, for sure, and some people just aren’t wired to be able to handle it that way. But most can make it work, with the right person and a concentrated effort. :+1:

6 Likes

I think it can depending on the couple, how long they have been dating for and how long they will now be apart for. My bf’s work moved him to another state for six months last year and even though we’d been dating 2.5 years at that point, it was really hard for us. So many fights and misunderstandings. I even sold his car out from under him at one point because he had let the battery die and didn’t pay the rego and it became my problem since he was in another state. Idek how we managed to stay together :woozy_face:

4 Likes

Nope I don’t believe in long distance relationships.

1 Like

Oh yea the good ol’ agreement list :woman_facepalming:t2::joy::joy:
Buuut it was worth doing it and also it kinda solved some problems🤷🏻‍♀️

1 Like