Longer Or Shorter Episodes?

hey, guys so i’m currently writing the next chapter of my story DREAM ON FIRE, and it’s my longest chapter yet, and it’s got me thinking…

does the episode community enjoy longer or shorter episodes?

personally, I enjoy longer episodes more if it’s done right. otherwise, it can be a bit boring or drawn out for no reason.

what do you think? let me know !!!

4 Likes

Personally I like longer episodes but if it’s dragged on it’s sometimes is kinda boring . But if done right I love them . I don’t rlly care for short episodes. In general tho I would like a minimum of a 10 min episode .

I hope this helps out !

4 Likes

Anywhere from ten- to fifteen-minutes is my preference, because it has substance (you’re not flying through episodes and feeling like you’re wasting passes), but it’s also not being dragged out (super long episodes can get boring, even if the story is good).

I think the longest episode I ever read was around forty minutes long. Eek!- but props to the creator for coding that behemoth.

3 Likes

I typically enjoy longer episodes over shorter ones. However, I prefer the long episodes that last around 10-15 minutes. Any longer than that is a bit to much.

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Good Luck on your story :heart:

1 Like

I basically prefer episodes at a reasonable length, say 7 to 15 minutes long, with five or six minutes being arguably reasonable. With all this said, I prefer episodes that aren’t too long nor are too short. So, if an episode is say less than two minutes long, then it’s too short. Now, if an episode is say at least 40 minutes long, then it’s too long.

Of course, opinions vary on what a reasonable length is. Some could say 15 minutes long, 20 minutes, or maybe eight minutes long.

So to sum it all up, episodes at a reasonable length are most ideal.

2 Likes

My personal preference is episodes that are 20-30 minutes long, just because if the episodes are within that length the Author isn’t dragging the episode out and you don’t start wondering “when will this episode end?”

2 Likes

i completely agree!!! thats my preferred length as well !!!

2 Likes

I love the stories that have episodes that last around 20-30 minutes. Those ones are the best!

3 Likes

I honestly don’t usually care but I really love long length chapters because it makes me feel the ticket I spent on was spent well! But of course, it all depends on the plot quality.

1 Like

I don’t even care I’ll aways ride for longer episodes, more bang for your buck. You get 4 passes, if those passes last you a long time and the story keeps moving each episode you’re fine. I’m probably more likely to stick with a story that has long episodes, they usually tend to be better. I mean TV shows have longer and longer episodes nowadays too.

2 Likes

I personally like longer episodes.

1 Like