Longest line of code you've ever written?

Continuing the discussion from Longest Line You've Ever Written!

This thread got closed a couple of months ago, but I really liked this thread. So imma continue it and hope that this one gets attention! The creator of this thread was @sls.exe
My longest line (I think):

6 Likes

Ooh, can you show a ss?

1 Like

Kk

1 Like

Ooh, did you write it all out yourself?

not rlly but I read your story already remember XD

1 Like

Bump!

Longest coder of episode 6 of my story its 2268 and episode 1 is the longest because of customization

1 Like

Oop, I meant 1 line that’s really long not how many lines you’ve had

should specified earlier XD

2 Likes

Oh okay

1 Like

The longest are dialogue and customization the characters

1 Like

I tend to break my code up as much as possible with & commands because one super long line gives me a headache lol
E.g in your code, I would have split up the overlays into separate lines for each
Personal preference :slight_smile:

5 Likes

XD understandable, I was gonna do that but I don’t wanna waste lines in my story I want to make it as long as possible for my readers (when I do incorporate it in my story XD)

I actually believe it’s more of a data limit than a line limit. I’ve maxed stories out at different line lengths in the same style.

1 Like

Long lines can be dizzying, and knowing my luck, I get some basic syntax error and I end up having to split it up to figure out what’s wrong. :joy:

I tend toward small lines, and only learned pretty recently that you can stack overlay commands together in one line, but sometimes I’ll just place 6 characters all at once like:

Long lines aren’t too big of a deal, though, ask me about that one time I had an “if-elif-else” with 55 elifs in it. :joy: :sob:

5 Likes

I just put that all separate on each line because having it all together is too confused and hard to read facts lines.:crazy_face::joy:

2 Likes

The story will be long regardless of how many lines is in one

1 Like

55 different elifs?! 55?! Holy cheese whiz

Yup. :weary:

Lol they were to read out point totals, since there’s no code to say something like: “You have [POINTS] points,” so I had to write “You have 1 point!” “You have 2 points!” in all those elifs. @___@ Big minigames, big challenges lmao.

1 Like

XD

teach me how to be an advanced coder like that 0-0

1 Like

I really wish they made an loop INFINITE times command for rotating overlays :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

6 Likes