I have published two stories on episode. I can code decently well now, so I know how to use layers, some overlays, some complex choices, etc., but nothing too fancy. I have a bachelor’s degree in English.
I love stories in all genres, but this story would be something new for me. I have no preference as to whether the story would be in Ink or Limelight so that’s something we could decide together
About the story: I don’t want to share too much of the story, but as I mentioned, the story I could see ranging anywhere from 5-20 episodes depending, but I don’t think it needs to be much longer than that. It isn’t overtly scifi like being 100 years in the future and on a spaceship, but I imagine something more subtle. It will involve an item that has a special ability.
Why I’m looking for a collaborator: I like the idea that I came up with, but it needs some serious work before I can make a script, and I think it would be really fun to share that experience with another writer, and potentially create something even better than I could have come up with alone! I’ve always wanted to do a collab story, and I think this one is in the early enough stages that another writer could come in and make this story theirs, too.
What I’m looking for:
- Someone who can code decently well
- Someone with writing experience
- It would be cool if you have published a story or have a wattpad account or something like that, but not a requirement
- Someone active who can contribute weekly (as in not just a comment once a week but a substantial contribution each week)
- We both have lives so that’s why I don’t mean you would have to contribute every day, but perhaps 2-4 times a week depending on how much we get done
- Someone with a strong sense of plot development and can create strong characters
- Someone with strong grammar skills
- If you are good at advanced coding that would be awesome but not required
- If you can do artwork that also would be awesome but not required
- Someone with good ideas and can help build upon my original idea
- Someone who can communicate well
- As I said we both have lives, so someone who will check in and let me know if they’re too busy one week, or can only come on once in one week would be great. I don’t want someone to just ghost.
- Someone who is honest but respectful, so if they don’t like something or think it’s weak, for example, they would be able to tell me in an honest but constructive way
- Someone who wants to see this to the end
- I’m not looking for an editor, I’m looking for a 50/50 partnership.
- Someone who would be involved in character creation and development
- Someone who would be involved with plot development
- Someone who can share in the coding and editing
- I also imagine we would make a joint gmail account for our story.
If this sounds interesting to anyone please leave a comment below!
Let me know about you, your interests, your coding abilities, and anything else you think I should know!
If I think we’d be a good fit, I’ll let you know and share what I have so far for a story idea!